• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reflections at Dawn

Share/Bookmark

Reflections at Dawn

My contribution: All EWQL.
    This will possibly be incorporated into the following two Septets on this website:

http://www.joswyl.be/

I also followed the instrumentation, flute, bassoon, 2 violins, viola, cello and contrabass.
    Both pieces on the website are great stuff. Both are members of this forum. I don't know with which library these are made. My idea was for a piece just in between the two, Night - Dawn - Day.

My shorter contribution (because dawn doesn't last that long):

Reflections at Dawn (softly waking up, birds shouting out, awaking of the city, etc.)

Comments are welcome, these are my first steps towards "wider tonality". This is rendered right from the Overture box, with PerfectSpace as extra reverb to the ones EWQL has for each instrument and some Stereo Field altering.

Raymond
    [PS I had a listen to all three pieces (again) in a row and they form a great "International" concert performance]
    [PS What to think of Belgium, Dutch, Italian cultural cooperation]

Re: Reflections at Dawn

It seems it works better than Euro at the moment.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    My contribution: All EWQL.
    This will possibly be incorporated into the following two Septets on this website:

http://www.joswyl.be/

I also followed the instrumentation, flute, bassoon, 2 violins, viola, cello and contrabass.
    Both pieces on the website are great stuff. Both are members of this forum. I don't know with which library these are made. My idea was for a piece just in between the two, Night - Dawn - Day.

My shorter contribution (because dawn doesn't last that long):

Reflections at Dawn (softly waking up, birds shouting out, awaking of the city, etc.)

Comments are welcome, these are my first steps towards "wider tonality". This is rendered right from the Overture box, with PerfectSpace as extra reverb to the ones EWQL has for each instrument and some Stereo Field altering.

Raymond
    [PS I had a listen to all three pieces (again) in a row and they form a great "International" concert performance]
    This is very nice, Raymond, not only the piece you've created, but the idea behind it. Maybe, as Fabio stated, a source of inspiration for the European leaders to find a way out of their (banking) troubles. At least, we didn't spill all the milk before complaining that there isn't anything left. Music is the language of the world. This might be a proof of it.
    Thanks again for joining in in our little musical project (which wasn't by the way ever meant that way, but it turned out to be 'inviting').

Max

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    It seems it works better than Euro at the moment.
    Don't know, but I think any waitress wouldn't accept twenty 'A'-scales for coffee and cake.

Raymond

Dear Raymond,
    I really enjoyed your work, listening at it seamlessly while working.
    I want to invite you and Mr. Hamburg -- and everyone here, of course - - to join another international musical project I started with another forum member. The aim is to work on the subject "The Four Seasons" for the ensemble of your choice, from solo triangle to Gargantuesque symphonic ensemble. Mine will be a string quartet.
    Let me know if you are interested in it.
    In the meanwhile, again bravo, bravo, bravissimo!
    Fabio

What a wonderful group project you've brought to our attention, Raymond - And your fascinating "Reflections at Dawn" is a superb addition to the collection. I loved how nimbly the mood changed so many times, capturing the many faceted event we call "dawn."

Applause!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    What a wonderful group project you've brought to our attention, Raymond - And your fascinating "Reflections at Dawn" is a superb addition to the collection. I loved how nimbly the mood changed so many times, capturing the many faceted event we call "dawn."

Applause!

Randy
    Thank you, Randy. I had to look up the word nimbly. Yes, I always awake in complete chaos. I hear the birds singing, yelling, the crows and more flying stuff. Then the early risers start their cars, the dumpsters, the city awakes also. But my mind wants staying asleep. (nimbly is not chaos, but well crafted sudden change [of moods]).

A wonderful project and the other pieces are outstanding as well.

Raymond

Hi Raymond,

This is so cool to create a companion piece (and using consistant instrumentation) to the other two works. I've been following Fabio's wonderful "Reflection's ..." series and really enjoyed your contribution as well.

One of these years I may attempt a go at it myself ... but the 24 hours are going quickly; better reserve your "reflections ..." time of day soon!

Yes ... an international series of Septets for September ... BRAVO!!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank D View Post
    This is so cool to create a companion piece (and using consistant instrumentation) to the other two works. I've been following Fabio's wonderful "Reflection's ..." series and really enjoyed your contribution as well
    Dues must be paid to Max Hamburg for having -- almost unintentionally -- started all this with his Septet

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...Night-(septet)
    Fabio

Go Back to forum