• Register
  • Help

Topic: Reflections In a Moonlit Night (septet)

Share/Bookmark

Reflections In a Moonlit Night (septet)

It was not my direct intention to post the septet right now, but my dear friends of this community have decided otherwise. I composed the piece some months ago and presented it to Fabio(lcati). He liked the idea and completed the septet with a second one (Reflections In a Sunlight Day) and suggested the two could be performed during one concert. Recently, Raymond Robijns added a third septet (Reflections at Dawn) to make the series full. I'm very grateful to them for starting this wonderful international cultural and musical cooperation. Music is the language of the world. We speak different languages and yet we understand each other so well... Such a pitty that politicians only speak political words.

http://www.joswyl.be/septet.html

Here you find all three the septets. Enjoy the listening!

Re: Reflections In a Moonlit Night (septet)

This is superb, Max - If anyone has a preconception about what a piece called "Reflections In a Moonlit Night" would sound like, I can say with confidence that your fresh and original music would surprise them. This is a very active moonlit night, full of mystery, energy, sprightliness - always captivating, just as moon drenched music should be.

What a fantastic project - Directly before hearing your piece, I listened to and commented on Raymond's contribution - so I listened out of order, but that doesn't matter. Now I'm looking forward to Fabio's homage to daylight!

Thank you so much.

Randy

Re: Reflections In a Moonlit Night (septet)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    This is superb, Max - If anyone has a preconception about what a piece called "Reflections In a Moonlit Night" would sound like, I can say with confidence that your fresh and original music would surprise them. This is a very active moonlit night, full of mystery, energy, sprightliness - always captivating, just as moon drenched music should be.

What a fantastic project - Directly before hearing your piece, I listened to and commented on Raymond's contribution - so I listened out of order, but that doesn't matter. Now I'm looking forward to Fabio's homage to daylight!

Thank you so much.

Randy

Thank you, Randy.

Music starts where politicians mostly end. Not many expensive words, only a few hints, a bunch of instruments and there we go... What a wonderful experience.

Go Back to forum