• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Mallets Aforethought"

Share/Bookmark

"Mallets Aforethought"

This is one of my compositions that features two instances of the Garritan concert marimbas from GPO...one on each side of the virtual stage.

This is "Mallets Aforethought".

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Mallets Aforethought"

This is my favorite Alexander piece! I picture mischievous baby goblins looking for tricks on Ol' Hallows Eve for some odd reason. I loved the sound (I cannot as of yet figure out how in the world to get the GPO marimbas to work in my pieces,) and I loved the modulations with the main theme.
    ~Rod

Hello Larry! I had to give this a listen as soon as I saw the thread's title! It's great to hear your ideas applied to the marimba, and what a great piece you have here. Short, and to the point, but very classy from start to finish. Was this written for a player per marimba, or more?

Thanks for sharing this, glad I caught it this evening!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    This is my favorite Alexander piece! I picture mischievous baby goblins looking for tricks on Ol' Hallows Eve for some odd reason. I loved the sound (I cannot as of yet figure out how in the world to get the GPO marimbas to work in my pieces,) and I loved the modulations with the main theme.
    ~Rod
    Thanks for your message.

Just load the marimbas into your sequencer and have a go with it.

Good luck!
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanyarem View Post
    Hello Larry! I had to give this a listen as soon as I saw the thread's title! It's great to hear your ideas applied to the marimba, and what a great piece you have here. Short, and to the point, but very classy from start to finish. Was this written for a player per marimba, or more?

Thanks for sharing this, glad I caught it this evening!
    Two marimbas...two players alternating between two and three mallets each.

Thank you, Mister Michael for your input.

Best,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Super great fun, Larry - expertly constructed and rendered. And thanks for replying to Rodney "Composingatnight's" post about having trouble with the GPO Marimbas. He's told me that before - and I don't understand what the problem is.

Thanks for the tuneful post, Mr. A.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Super great fun, Larry - expertly constructed and rendered. And thanks for replying to Rodney "Composingatnight's" post about having trouble with the GPO Marimbas. He's told me that before - and I don't understand what the problem is.

Thanks for the tuneful post, Mr. A.

Randy
    Thanks for the good words. (Still having problems with this forum.)

Take care.
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

When I saw "marimba" I also had to give this a listen before I logged out for the night. I really like the sound and timbre of the marimba and so I enjoyed this immensely. (got visions of cheeky skeletons dancing and having a great time.)

Thanks for posting this.
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    When I saw "marimba" I also had to give this a listen before I logged out for the night. I really like the sound and timbre of the marimba and so I enjoyed this immensely. (got visions of cheeky skeletons dancing and having a great time.)

Thanks for posting this.
    Thanks for the compliments, Mate. I appreciate your input.

Regards,
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Hi Larry,

Well, Tex, I think I may have just listened to my favorite Larry Alexander piece. It couldn't have been a simpler orchestration; just marimbas ... but, boy, WHAT a color! Add to that your great composing skills and I'm left with a real keeper.

Thanks for posting this ... REALLY nice!

Frank

PS: Ahhh ... looks like Yanks and Rangers are going to have to play for their supper this weekend (and until next Wed probably). It's fun, though ... if we both make it to win our divisions, we will be at the top of our games. Not the usual sleepy September up here this Fall ... Play Ball!!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast