• Register
  • Help

Topic: A little country music...(?)

A little country music...(?)

This forum is becoming my favorite place to listen to good music. So much talent here, and the quality of work is amazing.

So...here\'s a country-ish tune I did. For you high brows, I threw some VOTA end toward the end... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Click on \"Tennessee Memories\"

(my site is low budget...if you can\'t get in, please try some other time...thanks)

Re: A little country music...(?)

Good stuff Sporter!

Sometime you ought to work up an arrangement to Tennessee Waltz using similar instrumentation.

Originally posted by Bardstown Audio:
    Good stuff Sporter!

Sometime you ought to work up an arrangement to Tennessee Waltz using similar instrumentation.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s one of my favorite tunes!!!!!

Originally posted by Sharmy:
    refreshing hearing some downhome stuff on this forum. i\'d back off some of the verb. Grandma\'s happening 8-).
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for listening. Something about reverb...it\'s like overeating to me...you know you should stop, but...

Anyhow, do you mean overall, or on the guitar...or...

You may want to experiment with some Fender Telecaster samples if you happen to have any. I personally don\'t know of any Tele samples that are available. They also used older vintage Gibson electric archtops on a lot of this music as well. Jazz ain\'t the only thing archtops are good for. Both electric and acoustic archtops sound great on older country, western swing, older 50\'s rock, ethnic, and older R&B.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio

UK- teeming with life....

Bloody good Sporty,

Good to hear something in another style. Arranging in any idiom is difficult and I reckon you did a good job, as without \'inside genre\' knowledge it is down to the ears. Do you have any links with the Country Music world or is it down to your ears as it would be with me? I doubt I could make such a realistic effort though. I would appreciate a list of the sample sources. I particularly liked the harmonica a lot, the slide (pedal?) guitar and the fiddle (except at the start) That\'s the hard instruments out of the way!!

I\'m afraid that although I also love to over indulge on reverb I do think that you could do with less on the lead guitar. It sounds like Twin Peaks? Turn it down from 11 to around 7-8!!

It\'s real impressive what can be done with a computer these days! In someways what you have done is more difficult that coming up with an orchestral mock-up IMHO.

Best Regards

Thanks for the comments, folks. I\'ll try to play around with the reverb. I use Realverb Pro with my UAD-1. I like it, but it seems to make things more distant than I like. Maybe their dreamverb will have a little more clarity. I hope so.

Kip, I have your archtop...I don\'t do much jazz, but it might be interesting getting that sound into some of my country/gospel stuff. Your archtop has a very unique sound...I need to play around with it more. Your banjos and accordian work great..I use them all the time. I was trying to get a Neil Young type sound on the guitar..I dunno, it came out OK with the help of UAD\'s Nigel I guess.

The steel and fiddle were from \"Whole Lotta Country\", the harmonica was Bigga Gigga\'s Blues harmonica, the rythm guirat is Nasville High Strung. Whole Lotta Country is a great place to start for country. I do the slides with pitch bend...which leaves a lot to be desired, but I think the steel sound is good.

Speaking of country, if anybody else has any suggestions on these type sounds, I would be most interested.

Thanks for listening.

Hey..I just got American Heartland from Ilio and Its got some really convincing pedal steel stuff and various rootsy american sounds.I just make a Neil young-ish(think Harvest Moon)cue for a show and the producers couldnt believe the pedal steel stuff were samples(although the rest are real-I`m a guitar player first).I havent had time to put up a site yet but i can e-mail u an MP3 if u wana hear.My e-mail is:richandali@sympatico.ca Best, Rich

Go Back to forum