• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Help

Share/Bookmark

OT: Help

After working on a song for a couple days, it has become unopenable and I cant figure out how to fix the problem.
    I had SX and Gigastudio open, had minimzed SX to load another instrument into GS but it would not load because I had no memory left.
    This has happened plenty of times but what followed hasnt.

After rebooting (when I run out of memory in GS I get the blue screen upon shut down and reboot) I opened up both programs to return to the song I had been working on, but it will not open: a dropdown comes up saying something like, \" Cannot access invalid file\".

Ive right clicked on this particular song in Windows Explorer to see if there were any hints in the \"properties\" dialog box as to what went wrong, and noticed that the box toward the bottom entitled, \"Archive\" had been checked. Ive unchecked it, rechecked, - all to no avail.

Can anyone tell me how I can open this thing or is all lost?

Thanks in Advance,
    Jim

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Re: OT: Help

Check the file size, to see if it\'s radically corrupted.

I\'m guessing it\'s the Cubase file you have lost.

This one may be gone. Sounds like it was corrupted in the OS upheaval.

If it\'s something you feel you can\'t reconstruct, perhaps Steinberg could rebuild what they can salvage of the file.

I guess you\'ll be saving off incremental backups from now on, eh? Sorry to hear of your trouble.

Thanks Bruce.

I had the same problem about a month ago, corrupting a Cubase file and losing my work.

You might try the Cubase forum for some help. It could be someone has the same issue and has found a solution.

The plusses I took out of my experience were :-

1) I learned to make incremental backups like Bruce mentioned. Better to learn that sooner than later in my case.

2) Reconstructing the work I did a better job the second time around.

Sorry that\'s not much help, but you are very much not alone in having this sort of experience.

Steve

Go Back to forum