• Register
  • Help

Topic: Deactivation Garritan PO 3

Share/Bookmark

Deactivation Garritan PO 3

Hi! I am looking to sell GPO 3. I have used it for a few years and am looking to upgrade, so i am wondering how to deactivate my serial number so I can sell it. Can I do that? Thanks!

Re: Deactivation Garritan PO 3

Quote Originally Posted by bachsbrandenburg View Post
    Hi! I am looking to sell GPO 3. I have used it for a few years and am looking to upgrade, so i am wondering how to deactivate my serial number so I can sell it. Can I do that? Thanks!
    Here's the relevant info from the GPO manual, bachsbrandenburg:

"An important thing to understand is that YOU ARE OBTAINING A LICENSE FOR YOUR USE ONLY—
    THE SOUNDS DO NOT BELONG TO YOU. The implications are described below. The sounds, samples
    and programming in the Garritan Personal Orchestra remain the sole property of Garritan Corp. and are
    licensed (not sold) to you...

You are absolutely forbidden to duplicate, copy, distribute, transfer, upload, download, trade,
    or loan this software or any of the contents in any way to anyone. You may not redistribute this product in
    whole or in part through an archive, collection, through the Internet, a binaries group, newsgroup, or any type
    of media, or through a network. You may not resell the product without written permission from Garritan and payment of an additional fee..."

You can try that - Contact the Garritan division of Make Music and inquire about selling your copy.

I want to add that second hand software doesn't attract a very big price tag. If you can afford it, you would be better off keeping GPO and Add to your orchestral software, not replace it. Nothing beats the layering of several libraries to give you a unique, rich sound.

Randy

Go Back to forum