• Register
  • Help

Topic: Session Strings

Share/Bookmark

Session Strings

All instruments (but one) are from Session Strings.

https://www.box.com/s/3sng256ynso3dmkyzn1u

Re: Session Strings

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan S View Post
    All instruments (but one) are from Session Strings.

https://www.box.com/s/3sng256ynso3dmkyzn1u
    Mmm... generally speaking, I kind of like the sound of session strings, but this version sounds very mechanical. The release times are very short, and need some reverberation... And when notes repeat the "machine gun" effect is almost unbearable...

I'd have to concur with Roberto.

VSL is considered by many as the top of the line for classical samples but they are not being used properly here, at least not for a decent sound file.

I would suggest getting some help from the VSL forums using searches and asking questions.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I'd have to concur with Roberto.

VSL is considered by many as the top of the line for classical samples but they are not being used properly here, at least not for a decent sound file.

I would suggest getting some help from the VSL forums using searches and asking questions.
    I would suggest you listen carefully. This is not Vienna Symphony Library. It is Session Strings library. The sound between the two libraries is quite properly different.

I would suggest you listen carefully. This is not Vienna Symphony Library. It is Session Strings library. The sound between the two libraries is quite properly different.
    Yeah I am too agree with you..I have listened the Session Strings and it is totally different from the Vienna Symphony and also much better..

Oops. Sorry. I got your posts mixed up but my basic comments still stand.

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    Oops. Sorry. I got your posts mixed up but my basic comments still stand.
    "VSL is considered by many as the top of the line for classical samples"

Hi fastlane. I have more comments for you.

Your quote about VSL sounds to me like salesman talk.
    Surely you do not mean we should all use VSL by a vote of the majority.

"they are not being used properly here"

Your "properly" quote sounds to me like you are the school principal lecturing a truant student.

On another topic. My ears are tuned to the Toscanini sound.
    The sound he had with his 17-year run with the NBC Symphony.
    On the down side the sound is harsh and dry. On the up side the sound is crystal clear.
    You know most of the NBC Symphony recordings were made in the NBC studio 8H. The room was well known for its dry sound. Almost like the orchestra was outdoors in a pasture. No reverberation.
    I want to hear the parts - all of them. I think Arturo did too. They can all be heard in studio 8H.

But Toscanini could produce a rich lush sound when he wanted.
    I can give you a good example.
    One of the most glorious sounds is Toscanini and the NBC symphony doing Dvorak "New World". The recording sound is reverberant because the recording was done in Carnegie Hall. But I have also heard a recorded rehearsal from the day before in studio 8H. The difference in the sound is like night and day.
    In summery I guess I would make a distinction. If you want a glorious sound, listen to the one. I have many times.
    If it is the craftsmanship of Dvorak that is more important, then 8H is the place.

I guess most others ears are tuned to the reverberation of the large hall.
    But me and Arturo remain truant.

Go Back to forum