• Register
  • Help

Topic: String Quartet Demo (Solo Strings)

Share/Bookmark

Re: String Quartet Demo (Solo Strings)

Hey Muzk.

Nice. Bitey . Bouncy. That Hunter fella sure makes a nice library doesn\'t he. That\'s as crisp a string as I recall hearing. I\'m not sure how it would sit in one of my typical \'comps\' but I wouldn\'t mind getting my mitts on it one of these days.

Ahh.... library addiction.

christianb

Any new beta patches mailing out soon?
    What about the finished set?

Thanks
    JP

Thanks
    JP

Originally posted by JP2:

Thanks
    JP
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">New set being mailed out on Monday. 99 percent done!

Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    www.kirkhunterstudios.com

Originally posted by MuzkGuy:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by JP2:

Thanks
    JP
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">New set being mailed out on Monday. 99 percent done!

Best,
    Kirk Hunter
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s great news! I\'ve been playing with the partially complete library.... grudgingly!!!! The sound quality is out of this world. The layering is well thought out.

But I do a fair amount of retuning and re-assigning of controller function to the samples, and so, as the betas came out, I either had to treat them merely as previews, and not use them in any real work, or do a fair amount of revamping in order to make them fit with the tuning and control structure of my other instruments. In that case, all this \"tinkering\" would be lost when the completed library arrived and I had to start tinkering again.

I\'m so glad to know that the wait is nearly over. These samples have that same passionate feel that the Virtuoso Strings have.

Kirk.... It would be great if you could explain what is involved in the last 1%. It would let me determine whether or not to do my tinkering to this set of samples, or wait for the 100% completed library.
    Gabriel

I don\'t want to leave the impression that there\'s a problem with the tuning of this library... it\'s just that, for my wind controller, I\'m using a non-standard pitchbend (no center detent, and default position = 0 pitchbend). It forces me to retune samples.
    GS

Originally posted by gabriels:
    That\'s great news! I\'ve been playing with the partially complete library.... grudgingly!!!! The sound quality is out of this world. The layering is well thought out.

But I do a fair amount of retuning and re-assigning of controller function to the samples, and so, as the betas came out, I either had to treat them merely as previews, and not use them in any real work, or do a fair amount of revamping in order to make them fit with the tuning and control structure of my other instruments. In that case, all this \"tinkering\" would be lost when the completed library arrived and I had to start tinkering again.

I\'m so glad to know that the wait is nearly over. These samples have that same passionate feel that the Virtuoso Strings have.

Kirk.... It would be great if you could explain what is involved in the last 1%. It would let me determine whether or not to do my tinkering to this set of samples, or wait for the 100% completed library.
    Gabriel

I don\'t want to leave the impression that there\'s a problem with the tuning of this library... it\'s just that, for my wind controller, I\'m using a non-standard pitchbend (no center detent, and default position = 0 pitchbend). It forces me to retune samples.
    GS
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The only thing left is the double bass. However, in this latest beta, there is a completely new cello (richer, less \"bitey\", more melancholy,) a new violin with more of a folk/dark sound, and tons of new articulations.

Best,
    Kirk Hunter

Go Back to forum