• Register
  • Help

Topic: Project SAM's Grand piano

Share/Bookmark

Project SAM\'s Grand piano

Which Grand Piano sample library sounds the closest to those bass samples included with SAM trombone? I think, that\'s EXACTLY the piano sound I\'m looking for.

Re: Project SAM\'s Grand piano

Looks like \'piano\' is not the topic these days.

I have Bardstown\'s Bosendorfer but I\'m looking for a more bright sound.

Hey man, I\'m sorry that nobody has replied to your post. You know, maybe Maarten could tell you what type of piano was used for the creation of SAM Trombones. There sure are tons of good piano samples out there. I\'m using EastWest Steinway B and find it\'s very useful in my midi compositions. It\'s very crisp and kinda \"bright\".... maybe it\'ll work for you. Hey, you might want to check out the demos at Sounds Online: http://www.soundsonline.com/sophtml/details.phtml?sku=EW-103 Good luck, Gary [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Thanks Garry. You got one star in honor of your reply!

Anybody else that has a few of these pianos and can say THIS ONE or THAT ONE is brighter or will stand out better in a mix?

If you do a search-I remember a number of posts on pop pianos, Yamaha vs Steinway-mentioned M.Post, EW ect.-I don\'t know how to post links to the search topics-but I know there were quite a few discussions earlier in the year.

I have both the Post Media Steinway and Bosendorfer. I think the Bosendorfer is very bright sounding, but I personally prefer a darker sound for most of my work, so I might not be the best person to ask. Also, I don\'t have the Bardstown Bos, so i can\'t say how bright the Post Bos is in comparison. I would highly recommend checking out the examples on the Post Media website and love it for when I am looking for a bright piano.

Hey Chaim, I thought this may help you when you\'re comparing sampled piano sounds ... check it out:
    http://purgatorycreek.com/pianocompare.html [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Chaim Goldman:
    Looks like \'piano\' is not the topic these days.

I have Bardstown\'s Bosendorfer but I\'m looking for a more bright sound.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'d look into one of the Yamahas. The Bardstown Bosie is probably the brightest of the various Bose/Steinway libraries.

Best regards,
    Bruce

The Bardstown Bosie is probably the brightest of the various Bose/Steinway libraries.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">So I only have the YAMAHA to check out, I guess.

So my question is to those who have the Bard\'s Bosen and a YAMAHA, how would you compare them? Again I\'m really looking for that SAM Piano sound.

Thanks to all.

Originally posted by Chaim Goldman:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The Bardstown Bosie is probably the brightest of the various Bose/Steinway libraries.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">So I only have the YAMAHA to check out, I guess.
    Thanks to all.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Don\'t know if this has been mentioned yet but this is from the SAM website

Bonus patch #1
    Yamaha Grand Piano fortissimo staccatos notes in the lower range, recorded in the same ambient environment as the SAM Trombones

So it\'s definitely a Yamaha.

Also how about
    http://www.vintaudio.com/yam.htm

I don\'t own this lib but it\'s a Yamaha Grand.
    May be worth looking at.
    Brian

Go Back to forum