I've been researching the current crop of reverb effects and am sharing my results.
These are the ones that are created from actual acoustic places.
In order of price.
1. VSL Vienna Suite $611. The most expensive here but you do get a number of things. EQ,PowerPan-Limiter, Compressor-Multiband Limiter, Master EQ, Analyzer-Convolution Reverb-Hybrid Reverb.
From what I can gather the Hybid Reverb is a cross between traditional studio reverb and convolution reverb to give you the best of both worlds. Synchrosoft key Copy Protection.
2. Altiverb 7-Audio Ease. $529. The original professional cadillac of convolution reverbs. They have also integrated digital studio reverb with convolution for a more complete package. iLock Copy Protection.
3. Spaces- EastWest Quantum Leap. $300. A easy to use although a less feature packed reverb. Reviews acknowledge it's limitations but say it really makes virtual instruments come alive with their own space. iLok Copy Protection. DEMO
4. Waves IR 1 $250. A solid convolution reverb that could be getting a little long in the tooth but I thought I would still mention it as it's worth checking out.
5. Reflektor-Native Instruments $119. An inexpensive basic but good convolution reverb. Demo
6. Reverberate-Liquid Sonics $97. Check this one out before going for Reflektor. DEMO
1. Lexicon MPX $200. Lexicon's entry level plug-in studio reverb. Not a bad price considering their best hardware unit costs $3000 and it's plug-in version is $1500. Lexicon is the professional studio standard. iLok Copy Protection
2. CSR-IK Multimedia $100 . Before you buy the Lexicon MPX check out this one. It has bested it in forum listening surveys. Demo
This is what I've come up with so far. Comments?