• Register
  • Help

Topic: Extensive Guitar Chord Sample Library

Share/Bookmark

Extensive Guitar Chord Sample Library

Hello Developers,

I was wondering if anyone was working on, or is considering developing an extensive guitar chord sample set (acoustic, strummed). Something with more chord options, alternate fingerings, and articulations (I guess that\'s what they\'re called) than we have seen to date. I think the closest thing to this I\'ve seen is Virtual Guitarist. It\'s decent, but it\'s limited. It has a whole bunch of pre-programmed stuff that I just can\'t use. I would like something that would allow me to construct my own rhythm patterns (maybe some adaptation Groove Control/Stylus for guitars?). Is this even feasible? Would anyone else find a library like this useful?

Re: Extensive Guitar Chord Sample Library

All kinds of acoustic guitar stuff already available. TONS!!

Pure Guitars
    Acoustic Essentials (great value by the way...)
    High Strung Guitars
    etc,etc,etc..

I already have Pure Guitars. I love the picked samples, but it doesn\'t have very much selection on strummed chords. Say I wanted c2, or a c2 alternate fingering one octave higher - it\'s just not there. Also the strumming does not flow quite as good as Virtual Guitarist. I think the functionality, quality, and size of the library or package I\'m envisioning has not been made yet (though I certainly could be wrong [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ). I\'ll check out some of the other libraries you mentioned to see if they have what I\'m looking for. Thanks for the tip!

Damoy, I\'m in the same boat as you. I\'m thinking of Virtual Guitarist a long time already, but I\'m almost positive that it would not fit my need.

Like you I need my own patterns and a lot of chords and different strum articulations.

If you find something you like please post it here.

If some one knows of some thing in the works, please let us know.

Thanks

Now this might be getting closer to what I was looking for. Though I want something in the rock genre, and would have liked to see minor 7ths included as well as alternate chord voicings. But it\'s getting there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CONCERT GUITAR - VSL

Articulations
    Staccato notes
    Sustained notes with and without vibrato
    Étouffé
    Sul ponticello, flautando
    Bartók
    Natural and artificial harmonics
    Hammer-ons, pull-offs for creating embellishments
    Tremolos
    Bends (half tone up and down)
    Half and whole tone trills
    Slides (glissandos) up to an octave (up and down)
    Repetitions (8 notes) in various tempos
    Chords (4, 5, 6 voices): minor, major, dominant seventh, major seventh; diminished, half diminished; sus 4, 7 sus 4
    All chords open and muted, played as arpeggios, struck, pulled, rasgueado (flamenco style)
    Chords played as continuous rasgueado
    Effects like golpe, scratches and others

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by damoy:
    Now this might be getting closer to what I was looking for. Though I want something in the rock genre, and would have liked to see minor 7ths included as well as alternate chord voicings. But it\'s getting there [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

CONCERT GUITAR - VSL
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Go to the VSL website, and post something for Herb about the chord voicings you want to see. He is tremendously receptive to requests if you get them in before he\'s through with the session. Always better to get more than you need than less...

Go Back to forum