• Register
  • Help

Topic: Culture demo

Culture demo

Here\'s a small demo i wrote using the demo version of Culture (with Sourdo, Djembe, Shaker & Tambourine)
    Special guests: duduk (Rare Instruments), french horns (Sam Horns), pad (Atmosphere)
    I am waiting to receive the full version and will be posting more demos in the future. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://<a href="http://\"http://www....agemix.mp3</a>

Re: Culture demo

The Culture percussion is a little too strong in the mix for my taste but other then that I liked it. It has a nice live feel to it.

Alex Cremers

Thanks for the demo...it helps a lot with desicions.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Personaly I don\'t like the sound of perc. ..too clean, too precise...
    Nicely played tough...

i agree with you about the overall balance of the percussions but since this is a demo for Culture , I had to bring it forward a bit... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Alex, [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Please keep in mind that it was a deliberate choice to keep it relatively dry. It is up to the users to add the relevent amount of ambience for their tracks.
    I found Culture to actually be very easy to program (the left hand, right hand alternate sounds if very effective)
    There is a feature that enables you to loosen up the instrument by adding a dialed amount of delayed response on the attack, a humanizer of sorts.
    I would wait for the upcoming demos to make a final decision on whether to buy it or not.

Thanks for the positive criticism [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Good demo! Sounds like a very nice percussion instrument.. are there any ambient mic\'ed versions of the samples?

The instruments in Culture are all recorded dry. It\'s for the user to add their own reverb. I guess at 9GB they didn\'t fancy doubling the size of the instrument to 18GB! Besides, I guess they figured that people such as yourself have produced such great ambient percussion samples already, there was no need for them to do it too! (this is a roundabout way of saying thanks for the great free instruments at G-Town by the way).

Thanks Tob [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    as Steve mentioned the 9 gigs of dry samples make it difficult to consider including another 9 for ambience. I guess a workaround would be for us to e-mail you the samples we need ambience for and for you to re-record them in your church [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Seriously, i was a little anxious before playing around with Culture using a keyboard as a controller but i\'ve found the interface and the way things are laid out to be very helpful in creating a believable percussion performance.

I enjoyed the demo by the way! Have you considered having a word with Yellow Tools and offering it for their use? I think it\'s fair to say that the one demo they have up at the moment (can you believe with such a huge release they only have one demo?) does not really do Culture justice (what is that cow noise thing all about).

Thanks Steve,

actually I did this demo to show Yellow Tools what i could do with just four of their instruments (the demo version they have on their web site).
    They are now sending me the full package so that I can write a couple more demos with the full version. I\'ll probably add one or two things to this one as well (maybe a detuned cow would be nice [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )

I think more demos (aside from mine) are on the way as well...

I can see it now. Big marketing meeting for the launch of their new product Culture.......\'OK, we\'ve got to do a demo of this great percussion product and we want to show it in the best possible light.......so many instruments to choose from....which should go in the demo? how about the cow? all in favour? That\'s unanimous then. The cow\'s in.\'

A strange strange choice. Actually, my full version of Culture should be here tomorrow. Can\'t wait!

Go Back to forum