• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: logic vs samplitude for mixing

Share/Bookmark

logic vs samplitude for mixing

was wondering if any logic users out there have tried samplitude as a alternative to mix- i have over time noticed the \"harshness \" when using logic to mix, and am considering a different route.

Re: logic vs samplitude for mixing

Use it all the time. Did you post this at VSL, because i thought i answered this.

Sequoia or Samplitude in conjunction with a professional grade converter box is the best sounding system for audio as far as I am concerned. It\'s my number one system. You can spend more money for other well known systems that don\'t sound as good.

Kip McGinnis
    Bardstown Audio
    www.bardstownaudio.com

Another Samplitude user here. Have used it since the start, working with sample libraries.

Hans Adamson
    Art Vista Productions
    http://www.artvista.net/

Thats what the analog simulating plug ins are for Mike. Samplitude is generally regarded as the best sounding DAW. Is it true or is it based on colored perceptions? I don\'t know, but if you want to do some investigating go here.

http://www.3daudioinc.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi

This discussion actually reminds me of something that has really baffled me. If I take something, let\'s say a CD audio track, and import into Logic as a .wav on a single track, and play it back..it sounds really really different than the original (clean) recording.

In fact, it sounds awful. All the relevant faders are neutral (0 db), but it\'s definitely something inside logic that is coloring the sound. if I import the same sound into, let\'s say Steinberg Wavelab, it sounds fine, pristine, just like the original.

Perhaps this is an amateurish question, but if someone could humor me and explain what\'s going on here...
    -M [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Vegas is another ***fantastic*** mix engine.

Interesting topic! I was actually also looking for the cause of some \"harshness\" in my Logic setup...
    I return 3 adats from my sampler PC\'s back into Logic Input channels and run them through multiple plugins live - I really like the power of combining midi and audio this way, in a single application.

Anyone have an idea if such \"harshness\" is only a playback or also a recording issue?

If this is maybe only a playback (summing) issue, I could still bounce instrument groups and individual instruments to audio tracks in Logic (very easy syncing and aligning with the midi tracks!) and then later mix them in Vegas.

Originally posted by Anders00:
    This discussion actually reminds me of something that has really baffled me. If I take something, let\'s say a CD audio track, and import into Logic as a .wav on a single track, and play it back..it sounds really really different than the original (clean) recording.

In fact, it sounds awful. All the relevant faders are neutral (0 db), but it\'s definitely something inside logic that is coloring the sound. if I import the same sound into, let\'s say Steinberg Wavelab, it sounds fine, pristine, just like the original.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Strange, I just did this test. I can\'t hear any difference at all.

thanks everyone for the feedback. recently i wrote
    my first ( and probaly only) trance piece. i added lots of orchestral tracks to it ( ok been watching too much alias), something like 50plus tracks. after a few days of mixing my ears were ready to fall off! - i\'ll explore this samplitude
    issue further . i am wondering how would you bounce from logic midi directly into the app.? i guess it can be set up as a slave - but thats for another day.
    regards
    mike

Go Back to forum