• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: PMI Bösendorfer 290 bug fix

Share/Bookmark

PMI Bösendorfer 290 bug fix

Hi all,
    The PMI Bösendorfer 290 library had a bug: the Bb1 note in the Bos290 Dry 8 layer no release patch was tuned as B1.
    I finally had time to fix this and the articulation is on-line at:
    our website

Re: PMI Bösendorfer 290 bug fix

Well it\'s nice that you\'re fixing some things. But when are you going to fix the Wet Sustain pedal down samples from F#2 - B2? Like I said in the email I sent you, to which you didn\'t reply, there\'s terrible velocity switching in these notes. As you go from low to high velocity, the sound gets dull in the middle. The highest and lowest velocities are far brighter. This doesn\'t happen in the pedal up samples.
    This is so obvious that I can\'t imagine how it was missed. Also there\'s tuning problems in some notes. I\'m thinking I probably should\'ve bought the Bardstown Bosendorfer. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Anthony Lombardi
    www.mp3.com/alombardi

Actually I just double checked, and the whole region from C#2 to B2, pedal down, is pretty bad.

Mr. Post,

Why is there such a huge difference in the quality of sound between your PMI Borsendorfer and Bardstownaudio Borsendorfer? The quality difference is quite evident to my ears. Do they have a different technique employed here? Every note is of equal weight in sound.

Can you educate us a bit here being the players.

Alan Russell

It sounds like you\'re mistaken Alan. Post Audio didn\'t do the Bardstown Bos. Kip McGinnis did it. He\'s an entirely different developer.
    http://www.bardstownaudio.com/

Anthony Lombardi
    www.mp3.com/alombardi

QUOTE]Originally posted by tonylombardi:
    Actually I just double checked, and the whole region from C#2 to B2, pedal down, is pretty bad. [/QUOTE]

Hi Tony, I have just checked the C#2>B2 region (8 and 16 layers WET patches/pedal down, PMI Bos full ed.) and the problem is not that obvious to me. As I\'m not a piano player (I program more than I play), I may not be as picky as you are.
    Are you talking about full or lite edition btw?
    I will record this region at several velocities and post the results if needed, my ears can\'t be that wrong... Anyway I\'m sure Mr. Post will reply and help you as soon as he can.

Christian

Originally posted by tonylombardi:
    Well it\'s nice that you\'re fixing some things. But when are you going to fix the Wet Sustain pedal down samples from F#2 - B2? Like I said in the email I sent you, to which you didn\'t reply, there\'s terrible velocity switching in these notes. As you go from low to high velocity, the sound gets dull in the middle. The highest and lowest velocities are far brighter. This doesn\'t happen in the pedal up samples.
    This is so obvious that I can\'t imagine how it was missed. Also there\'s tuning problems in some notes. I\'m thinking I probably should\'ve bought the Bardstown Bosendorfer. [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Anthony Lombardi
    www.mp3.com/alombardi
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dear Anthony,
    First of all let me say I respect your complaint but personally I don\'t hold with publicly putting
    this sort of thing in a public forum. I did reply to your previous email and always try to answer customers as soon as possible. Maybe this email escaped my attention. In case it did I am sorry.

I will investigate your complaint and report back (both here and personally).
    Like stated by others; this complaint is new to me; several 100\'s of users never noticed this so I will have to investigate and report back before I have a suggestion as to what is wrong here.

Best,
    Michiel Post

Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Mr. Post,

Why is there such a huge difference in the quality of sound between your PMI Borsendorfer and Bardstownaudio Borsendorfer? The quality difference is quite evident to my ears. Do they have a different technique employed here? Every note is of equal weight in sound.

Can you educate us a bit here being the players.

Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Dear Alan,
    Can you be more precise; what is your exact question? What do you call a huge difference? A difference in sound?, timbre?, eveness? response?
    I don\'t mind answering but don\'t quite understand your question.
    Best,

Michiel Post

Originally posted by Michiel Post:
    I will investigate your complaint and report back (both here and personally).

Michiel Post [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">OK, I checked the regions in the editor and there were some bad assignments.

I fixed them and replaced the latest update on our website. The update is simple and fixes all the regions between C2-C3 in the WET sustain pedal down patches that were affected.

The direct link to the update is:
    Bos290 update

Michiel Post

Mr. Post,

I can\'t disect why but Bardstownaudio BOSE has more meat on its sound when I strilke the keys and or chords. I find the PMI BOSE in the Giga Piano class, a bit thin and metalic in sound. Kip must have some good gear and or technique in capturing this great piano which I like overall.

Just my honest opinion.

Alan Russell

Go Back to forum