• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How can I run 2 programs together?

Share/Bookmark

How can I run 2 programs together?

Hello all. I\'m wanting to relieve the work load off my main workstation. I\'m thinking maybe I could run Atmosphere off my Giga machine. But how can I run 2 programs off the same machine? (Win XP). Thanks!
    J-

Re: How can I run 2 programs together?

To start with, you\'d need a multiclient soundcard (or two soundcards) so that you can run the two different low latency audio protocols simultaneously - GSIF for Giga and Asio for Atmosphere.

I\'m running a Delta 1010 for Giga. I also have a Delta 66 I\'m not using... could I install that and make it work?

Originally posted by J. Whaley:
    I\'m running a Delta 1010 for Giga. I also have a Delta 66 I\'m not using... could I install that and make it work?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You could run both thru seperate outputs of the Delta 1010...you\'d also need a VST host like VSTack or Chainer to host Atmosphere. I don\'t know how many MIDI ports you\'re using with your Giga PC, but if your MIDI interface is only 1-input, then you\'re probably not going to be able to send MIDI info to both apps simultaneously - you probably won\'t be able to split the ports up between different apps. Maybe something out there like that MIDIyoke thing could help, but I couldn\'t help you there.

Good luck.

Maybe you can try midi-over-LAN to send midis and then extract the audios from your soundcard output... That would work... Or alternatively you can wait a while for Max from Teleport to come up with a Giga-wrapper... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Jun - aka meeehoon

I run a bunch of stuff on one machine including Atmosphere and Giga. The card is a Delta 44.

There are no special requirements really. As Rick (Chadwick) says, you just need a multi-client card (which your Delta cards already are.) There is no need to run two cards though, just mix everything down internally or render over a network.

Scott.

Scott, how do I 1) specify which outputs to use and 2) the MIDI ports. Could you maybe explain the setup a little better? Thanks!

J-

Hi J, (John?) I use Cubase as a sequencer so Atmosphere just shows up as a VST instrument inside the sequencer. (Remember Atmosphere needs a host app to run.) Each instance I open up is then set in my midi out in my sequencer.

So for example I might have Atmosphere, Atmosphere 2, Atmosphere3, showing up in my midi out ports.

If Giga is installed on the same machine as your sequencer you will automatically see it come up in your midi out ports too.

I think to really answer your question; you will need to have Atmosphere on the same machine as your sequencer. Unless of course you have FX Teleport and can send it across to another machine.

Hope this makes sense, I\'m on my third drink here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Hey J [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

My set up is somewhat similar to how Scott has his. 1 pc and one echo soundcard - Cubase taking outputs 1/2 with whatever VSTs and then Giga taking outputs 3/4. Works pretty well for me.

Well I mix everything across two DAW\'s, down to stereo, internally and digitally. Everything then gets burnt onto CD. I\'m not overly concerned with the outputs of my card, they are just used to pipe the sound out to my monitors.

Go Back to forum