• Register
  • Help

Topic: GOS Two Year Anniversary

Orcas Island

GOS Two Year Anniversary

We are pleased to announce the TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY of GOS.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped make GOS what it is today. Many thanks to those who contributed to the updates, to those who provided tips and ideas, and to those who have shared their demos and music. I am truly humbled by the generosity and goodwill of so many of you.

So much has happened in the last couple of years. I mean SO much! We are witnessing the branching out from one sampling platform to many platforms and formats. Even Mac users now have choices (and soon Linux). We are seeing the convergence of sample content and player as Virtual Instruments are opening up whole new markets and possibilities. The economies of scale have changed. A couple of years ago, sample CDs were out of reach of many, and now there are affordable options to all. And prices will continue falling as healthy competition will bring about more features and services to attract business. The quality of sounds keeps getting better as recording technology keeps improving. We are seeing greater integration of MIDI controls and processes will soon emerge in the frequency domain. Service is also improving with more developers offering free updates - no longer just one-shot products, but an ongoing commitment and an evolution of product. Things just keep getting better. It’s amazing to think about all that has happened in the last couple of years. Now, imagine where will be be in two years from now. This is a great time to be in the world of sampling.

Much of this advancement has come about by the members of Northern Sounds. And kudos to PapaChalk and DSound who had the foresight and determination to provide this place which has been the catalyst for the sampling industry. I imagine that several years ago they had no idea of the fantastic community they would be building. Providing this forum to freely express ideas truly helps developers to make better products. The people here are the pioneers and \"early adopters\" to the revolution taking place.

Although it can get a little strange here at times, to me, Northern Sounds is mostly about friends helping friends.

Again, \"Thank you!\" all for an incredible two years. Great things are in store ahead.

Gary Garritan

Re: GOS Two Year Anniversary

Very well said!

Now...where are the über-low two-years special offers? [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Happy anniversary Gary!

I couldn\'t agree more about PaPaChalk and DeSound and the NS site. Their great vision made it all happen!...

Hans Adamson
    Art Vista Productions

\"Happy Anniversary\" Gary, and thanks for your great library ! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

happy anniversary Gary...

here\'s to the EXS version [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Happy Anniversary Gary [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Thank you and Hans for the kind words. It is much appreciated [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    nice to be noticed sometimes. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yes - thanks a million Gary for such a great lib!

Congrats on your second anniversary Gary and thanks to PapaChalk for hosting such a great forum!!!

Many happy returns [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum