• Register
  • Help

Topic: Problems with GPO3 and Finale 2011

Share/Bookmark

Problems with GPO3 and Finale 2011

I am unable to get my GPO3 (2007) working with Finale 2011.
    I follow the instructions from the Finale Knowledge Base which says to place the Garritan Personal Orchestra.xml into the MIDI Devises Annotation file, and the Gpo2instrument.txt into the VST Support file. That is done, although I had to create the VST Support file myself. When I try to load a GPO instrument into Finale through Native Instruments:KontactPlayer2, I get a message from Kontact Player2 that there is an error trying to acquire the license for this patch. It says that the copy is not yet activated and instructs me to contact the Service Center to activate.

I had already done that when I used my GPO3 with FInale 2008. Nonetheless, I went and registered again.

Can anyone tell me the right way to finally use my bought and paid for GPO3 with my bought and paid for FInale 2011?

Thank you.

Re: Problems with GPO3 and Finale 2011

You probably need to go to NI and download the latest Kontakt player which is version 5.

Re: Problems with GPO3 and Finale 2011

Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    You probably need to go to NI and download the latest Kontakt player which is version 5.
    I tend to agree. Seems when I tried Kontakt 2 with Finale 2011 I ran into issues as well, but that was a long time ago and I quit using it with Finale. There doesn't seem to be any issues with Kontakt 5, but I seldom use it anymore except when using the Gofriller and Stradivari libraries. Also, I upgraded to GPO4 and Aria and they work so seamlessly with Finale '11 and '12 I've never looked back. And for $50 for the upgrade, it's a bargain!

Hope this helps.

Gary
    Serenity Musician Productions (Gary A.)

Lenovo ThinksStation S30, Windows 10 Professional 64-bit, 20 gig ram, 2 terabyte hd., M-Audio Fast Track, Finale25, Sonar Professional

Go Back to forum