• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Good duduk library?

Share/Bookmark

Re: Good duduk library?

I use both the Quantum Library as well as \"World Winds\". I use quite a bit of duduk, and between the two, I can usually get some pretty good results.
    Tim

How do you like the World Winds library? I noticed it\'s AKAI format only.. does it still play pretty well in Giga?

I\'m in need of some nice ethnic sounds. Which do you think I should get first, World Winds or QLRI?

Yeah I also really like the QLRI Duduk. It has plenty of bends and key-switched articulations. You can also add more air via the mod wheel.

At first I thought it sounded a bit mellow but I tried Nick\'s suggestion of boosting around the 3-5k mark in EQ.

I think the QLRI library is a great one to own period.

Cheers, Scott.

There is also a quite useable duduk in Bolder Sounds Best of Bolder. Not as comprehensive or as warm sounding as RI, but a nice horn. Also, at least part of the duduk is in the EW Prosamples library (that\'s the one I have, so I don\'t know what is missing from RI...)

Dasher

I\'ll second the recommendation for the Quantum Leap Rare Instruments library. Wonderful Duduk plus tons of other really, really useful and playable instruments.

Ryan.

Good duduk library?

Hi Gang.

Does anyone know where I can find one? The duduk is an Armenian woodwind instrument that has a haunting, plaintive sound. It was used to great effect in the scores for both \"The Last Temptation of Christ\" as well as \"Dead Man Walking\".

The tricky thing about this instrument is that it has lots of bends and key noise that adds to its unique sound. I don\'t know how one would go about sampling this. Maybe have a bunch of phrases sampled that you could link together, like the \"Harmonica Essentials\" library.

Anyone?

Quantum Leap Rare Instruments have a great duduk.

How do you like the World Winds library? I noticed it\'s AKAI format only.. does it still play pretty well in Giga?

I\'m in need of some nice ethnic sounds. Which do you think I should get first, World Winds or QLRI?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The WW library is great. Nice layout, and it works fine in Giga.
    If you\'re in need of ethnic sound, I would get QL. It\'s not just winds, and WW is just exotic winds. You\'ll definitely get more mileage out of the QL library.

Thanks for the recommendations, guys. I\'m off to listen to the QLRI at a friend\'s place. I have heard good things about this library before, but never had the need for a specific sound in it like I do at present.

I will also check out the World Winds. Does anyone know if there is a demo site for this one?

Thanks KI (feel a bit strange calling anyone idiot [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] ),
    This is a great forum, I\'m glad I ran across it.
    Tim

Go Back to forum