• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Sorry, but I have to ask this here.....

Share/Bookmark

Sorry, but I have to ask this here.....

Why is someone taking my stars away? One minute I have 5 the next 4? What am I doing or
    saying that is bothering people? I just find it weird....

Anyone have something they wanna tell me? Just curious....

It\'s not that I really care if I have stars or not, but it\'s not like I\'ve argued with anyone (lately [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ), so I find it
    strange.

Anyway..... take them all if you want? Who cares.... [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] Whoever is voting away my stars really has a low tolerance for, uh? \"whatever\"?!?!???!

I\'ll always be a star in my mind, though! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: Sorry, but I have to ask this here.....

I only have one star via one vote. Not sure why. I guess I irritated someone.

Frankly, I think the whole star thing is ridiculously pointless. Hey, let\'s have a popularity voting contest! Naner naner naner. (Is that how one spells \'naner\'?) I\'m more popular that you. Is this gradeschool?

Obviously, because I only have one star, I\'m less important, less talented, less respected, less intelligent and overall of less worth as a human being.

So, anyhow, I just ignore it.

Yeah I agree completely! The whole thing is pointless and childishly stupid...

The star system doesn\'t really tell me anything.

But I\'m not gonna go out of my way to disable it. I guess it\'ll be amusing to see my rating go up
    and down based on what I say on any given day! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If anything there should be some kind of indicator as far as \"pro, amateur, pro wanna be,
    hobbyist, whatever?\". But then again, that would probably only serve to degrade people...

Oh well....

Just ignore it. Internet is a stupid place to accept any kind of critisism. I\'ve had some of the dumbest stuff said about my music but they just make me amused and not a bit offended. Besides, all the extra cool people in this forum seem to have 4 stars. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I\'d ask the moderators if they could remove the feature but I doubt they would even lift a finger.

Originally posted by kid-surf:

The star system doesn\'t really tell me anything.

But I\'m not gonna go out of my way to disable it. I guess it\'ll be amusing to see my rating go up
    and down based on what I say on any given day! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If anything there should be some kind of indicator as far as \"pro, amateur, pro wanna be,
    hobbyist, whatever?\". But then again, that would probably only serve to degrade people...

Oh well....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">My status would be pro-amateur-wannabe-hobbyies-student-musicfreak-a-geek. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Originally posted by Paulh:
    Besides, all the extra cool people in this forum seem to have 4 stars. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I knew this day would come!

Today I became extra cool!

LOL

Alex

Hi Kid,

Ruben here. Don\'t sweat the attack of The Masked Star Snapper [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It\'s probably someone with...ehem gear envy [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Anyway, this whole star system is ridiculous, being that people like Bruce and Thomas have 4 stars, while a moron like me has 5.

Take care,

Ruben

P.S.: Check your email tomorrow, I\'m sending some preliminary comps then. Thanks for your patience.

Why wasn\'t I invited? I\'m a four star-er just like you! Why does nobody call me?!?! What\'s the difference between your 4 stars and mine? I won\'t be ignored, you know!

Originally posted by kid-surf:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You guys better watch it, or I\'ll take away another.

Originally posted by chocothrax:
    I am also a victim of the one vote one star.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I can beat that. 3 votes, 2 stars! (2.1 to be exact). Figuring out how is hard enough, never mind why.

The star system is meant to encourage people to contribute. I got my votes after a thread on GOS short bow timbral problems and I mentioned I had a fix (which I still use). More that a dozen people asked for the .art file, which I sent. I then get 3 votes, 2 stars, 0 explanations. Very encouraging.

I deal with people all day long, all kinds. I get exposed to their notions (and motions) all the time. I\'m therefore surprised this cr@p surprised me.

People make global sweeping judgements completely based on tiny shreds of nuance, ignoring what actually matters. Kid-surf, if you did discover the reason for losing your star you\'d probably feel an idiot for getting upset about it.

Go Back to forum