• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: looking for music

Share/Bookmark

looking for music

Hello. A friend, Chris Duncan, who apparently did some composer stuff here and had internet radio "station" for people here ?? - referred me to you guys. He said this
    ======begin Chris mssg =======
    Create an account and post that you’re looking for original music along these lines. You might also mention that you’re a friend of Chris Duncan’s, the guy who ran the Composer Channel, and that he recommended you ask there. I ran an internet radio station featuring the composers there for a couple of years.

The GPO library can do very realistic sounding orchestral stuff (remember the song I sent you once, “When Goblins Frolic?” that was GPO).

These are good guys, and many of them will write for the love of doing it, and credits. You’ll get some good stuff.
    =======end Chris mssg ===========

I have a personal project ( documentary about a U.S. midwest town from early settlers to present day ) which will probably take a year to complete. It's not a commercial 'product' ( drama for broadcast etc ) but I hope to get it shown on a local PBS station, that sort of thing. So money is tight as you've probably heard a zillion times before.

I'm looking for music that is similar to something I heard recently and since I don't see a way to attach a small mp3 to this post I'll put the file on my home page website ( rodneybauer.com ) and call it "sample french music mp3 " Could you please listen to sample ( about 10 seconds long ) and help me find something like it ? It sounds to me like some French bistro or Brasserie type music, with accordian maybe, some kinda horn thing maybe ? I'm not a musician. But those instrument sounds play a big part in the 'feeling' of the music I'd like to get. I need maybe 2:30 min total that I can fade in and out of during various times in the documentary..documentary will be 30min total. I want to keep the documentary tone light hearted and fun, and this music sample seems to do that for me. If you have ideas or suggestions and so on, please let me know. I am not good at forum things so emailing me would be probably better...cause I have a hard time sometimes with following forum things.
    Thanks !
    Rod

Re: looking for music

Went to the website. Clicked on the file..... stalled my complete system and no sound at all.

Right now I am doing a virus scan....... it may be some malicious message.

Raymond

OMG ! That's the worst thing I ever heard...how did your system come out with the virus scan ? My server is INMOTIONHOSTING.com...and I never had any problems with them. Please let me know what you find out and I will call the server now to see if they have any information about 'virus' or something on their system.
    Please reply if it turns out the crash to you was related or unrelated to my stupid mp3 sample...I'm checking things now. I really sorry you had a problem. geez...
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Went to the website. Clicked on the file..... stalled my complete system and no sound at all.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyB View Post
    OMG ! That's the worst thing I ever heard...how did your system come out with the virus scan ? My server is INMOTIONHOSTING.com...and I never had any problems with them. Please let me know what you find out and I will call the server now to see if they have any information about 'virus' or something on their system.
    Please reply if it turns out the crash to you was related or unrelated to my stupid mp3 sample...I'm checking things now. I really sorry you had a problem. geez...
    Rod
    Okay, I spoke to server guys, inmotionhosting, and checked my directories with them, did some kinda special virus scan and inspection via tech support guy...and this is what happened:
    a) no virus stuff detected
    b) one directory with re-direct code in it...

Turns out that the directory with redirect stuff may be ( was a php file ) related to an online college course at MIT that I looked into June 21, OR else someone hacked into the Cpanel password I have with inMotion and added that directory and file.. there was nothing malicious or virus related to the php file in question, and I basically renamed ( disabled) that php file and changed my password to the cpanel portal...so if it WAS a hack it is now more protected.
    I really hate this security stuff and am very very extremely careful about my machine and server etc. I think the wordPress related php file was just the MIT stuff...but it's history now in any case. That would have nothing to do with downloading an mp3 file from my home page at any rate, and no virus was found in any of my directories at the server.

However, since my desire to get help here about finding music is now tainted by this virus question, I will go elsewhere for help about it...maybe ask Chris to do it for me if he has time.
    I'm really sorry you had problem with the mp3 download and if you want, you can delete this entire thread. It's really embarrassing.
    Rod

Raymond
    It's highly unlikely that an mp3 file carries a virus. His web site was probably just running slow. These things happen.
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

The name doesn't mean anything. Behind this name and link there maybe some malicious software.
    If the site was very slow, how is it possible that I couldn't stop the searching process (red x in firefox)? How is it possible that I had to reset my whole system - verything stopped/stalled? I may be solved now by the "messenger" but I won't try it another time.

Sorry,

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan View Post
    It's highly unlikely that an mp3 file carries a virus. His web site was probably just running slow. These things happen.
    Thanks Chris. I d/l that thing and it worked fine. Is only about 1 meg.
    Anyway, you know how things evolve..my thought is that I would have 3 different music 'themes' ( whatever you call it ) for 3 different "documentary 'types" ...
    For example, I got normal working people with a little money in pocket to move west and be homesteaders. Thats group A
    Then I got 'tycoons' ( railroad and hotels and so on ) which is 'group B'
    Then I got nature lovers ( kinda like the transcendentalists ( emerson, throreaux ) ) which is basically health nuts.

dont quote me ...cause I love health nuts, tycoons and normal family guys who have the guts to go into the woods and survive. etc.

The point is I need 3 types of music to deliniate these groups, instead of the usual "character theme" ( one music for each character ...i.e. good bad ugly, whatever ).

But anyway, I'd like to start with finding this french sounding stuff for the nature lovers.
    Thanks a ton !
    I hope someone can help and get into this with me
    Rod
    ps. thanks Chris

The name doesn't mean anything. Behind this name and link there maybe some malicious software.
    If the site was very slow, how is it possible that I couldn't stop the searching process (red x in firefox)? How is it possible that I had to reset my whole system - verything stopped/stalled? I may be solved now by the "messenger" but I won't try it another time.

Sorry,

Raymond
    what do you mean by " the name doesnt mean anything? You mean the name of the file ? the mp3?
    Anyway, my name is rodney bauer and if you google it you will see some film credit stuff as a grip on movies.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061921/
    please dont try getting my mp3 sample again raymond. and thanks for the report about you problem, i hope its okay now.

Quote Originally Posted by RodneyB View Post
    what do you mean by " the name doesnt mean anything? You mean the name of the file ? the mp3?
    Anyway, my name is rodney bauer and if you google it you will see some film credit stuff as a grip on movies.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061921/
    please dont try getting my mp3 sample again raymond. and thanks for the report about you problem, i hope its okay now.

Nothing wrong with your name. I referred to the name with the link in it.

Raymond

Rodney,

Hello, I have been following this thread and have just gone to your website and listened. I had no problems.

I also went to Imdb and looked at your credentials. Nice! As soon as my current project is finished (a week or so), I will give this a try. What time frame are you looking at for a finished piece of music?
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum