• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyone up for writing for a documentary?

Share/Bookmark

Anyone up for writing for a documentary?

Hey, guys.

Don't know how many of you are still around from the old days when I was doing the Composer Channel for Gary. That seems like forever ago.

Anyway, I pointed a friend of mine, Rod, to these forums for a documentary he's working on. He's recently retired from a career as a grip in NY where he worked on everything from Godzilla to Pan Am and has moved to MN.

I think the project he's doing is a public service thing so I don't know if there's any pay, but he needs original orchestral compositions for characters, background themes, etc. A lot of you guys wrote some really great stuff for the Composer Channel, so I thought you might be interested in getting involved with his film.

Rod can pipe in here and give your more details on the project, but he's a good guy and I figured you might have fun working with him.

Hope everyone's doing well!
    Christopher Duncan
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Author of
    Unite the Tribes and The Career Programmer
    www.PracticalUSA.com

Re: Anyone up for writing for a documentary?

Sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan View Post
    Hey, guys.

Don't know how many of you are still around from the old days when I was doing the Composer Channel for Gary. That seems like forever ago.

Anyway, I pointed a friend of mine, Rod, to these forums for a documentary he's working on. He's recently retired from a career as a grip in NY where he worked on everything from Godzilla to Pan Am and has moved to MN.

I think the project he's doing is a public service thing so I don't know if there's any pay, but he needs original orchestral compositions for characters, background themes, etc. A lot of you guys wrote some really great stuff for the Composer Channel, so I thought you might be interested in getting involved with his film.

Rod can pipe in here and give your more details on the project, but he's a good guy and I figured you might have fun working with him.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Duncan View Post

I think the project he's doing is a public service thing so I don't know if there's any pay, but he needs original orchestral compositions for characters, background themes, etc...
    Hi, Christopher - Thanks for the post. This must be what new member, "Rodney" has posted recently- "looking for music." There's been confusion on that thread, and I'm pretty sure that's made Forum members cautious - I know I've had my doubts about the thread. We've had a slew of Spam posts recently, so have become more suspicious of some posts.

BUT, it looks like your post should help us see that Rod's thread, confused as it is, should be taken as a legitimate request for volunteers. Maybe you could post on that thread also, to help legitimize it for the Forum - that could help Rod out.

EDIT: Sorry, I see you're already on that thread. OK - It's such a vague thread, maybe things will become more clear later on.

Randy

Hi, My name is Peter Bacchus and I live in Barcelona Spain. I have done commercials and 2 short films or videos.
    I am also a classical composer. I could be interested and available, but would need more info.

My web: www.peterbacchus.com
    The web of the contemporary music group I direct (texts are in Catalan, but music samples are all of live concerts under my direction), also try the Google translate butoon to translate: www.grup21music.com

Peter John Bacchus
    Avda. Coll del Portell, 88-90 Ento. C
    08024 Barcelona
    34 93 285 14 87 phone/fax
    34 669 74 71 33 cell
    Peter@PeterBacchus.com

Go Back to forum