• Register
  • Help

Topic: I need advice on this mix please?

I need advice on this mix please?

Hi all,

I am finishing this piece for a documentary on the Venice Biennale. Not sure about the mix...

I would love to hear your comments.

Two to Tango

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

Re: I need advice on this mix please?

Hello Patrick, I enjoyed listening to \"Two to Tango.\" The mix sounds pretty good to me.... however, you might want to kinda back-off on the velocity of the cymbal crashes just a little. They seem slightly \"tinny\"and don\'t quite mix with the tune too well. Or, maybe replace them with cymbal swells, or just use a fuller sounding cymbal.... just a thought. Now keep in mind that I\'m not a \"profession\" sound mixer by any means but... IMHO... overall, you have a very nice composition here.
    (makes me wanna dance the tango... cha-cha-cha) [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Best of luck with the documentary! Keep up the good work! .............. Gary

Re: I need advice on this mix please?

thank you for your good advice. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Listening back to the mix today I definetly agree with you. I\'ll probably replace some crashes with swells and look for some other cymbal sounds as well.
    I also fing the snare rolls in the tango part to be quite dry and not so groovy. Will work on that.

There might be too much reverb on the viola in the intro?

The hand drum could probably be a little wetter as well.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the piece. Thanks for the good words. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum