• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 tunes

Share/Bookmark

Re: 2 tunes

Hey, the composition sounds pretty nice, but I\'d have to say that the performance and expression of the strings could use a lot of work.

Were you aiming to sound realistic, or was this just a sketch? Your string lines are very, \"blocky.\" The need to be mucho grande legato, and it could stand a lot more phrasing as well.

Keep plugging, but try to make each track as realistically as you can.

2 tunes

Hello,

I\'d like to share two older tunes. Any opinions are appreciated.

First one..

Second one..

PetN

Thanks, A_Sapp.
    About realism - I\'ve used only 5 basic patches for strings (first violins, second v., violas, cellos, basses) with no changes. I didn\'t use any expression, legato, not event volume controller, I\'ve just recorded basic tones, and played a bit only with velocity. So it could be propably called \"sketch\" rather than aim to sound realistic. In fact, I never did any realistic tune yet.. [img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] But I feel I should try, but it must be very complicated ..

What libraries are you using?

A_Sapp: Gigastrings, Xsample..

Sharmy: Thanks. It is, of course, all quantized [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . I understand, but I record every part and line separately, not in chord blocks. But yes, you\'re right, I propably think of harmonies too vertically, so it\'s still too similar to chords. I\'d like to be able write more \"horizontally\", but I\'ve never seen any orchestration/harmony book in my life, nor orchestra partiture (excepts some Mozart\'s which were too complicated), so the harmony and orchestration in my tune are propably too simple.

Originally posted by PetN:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gigastrings?

I assume you mean Garritan?

Ed

Originally posted by Ed:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by PetN:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Gigastrings?

I assume you mean Garritan?

Ed
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes.

Go Back to forum