• Register
  • Help

Topic: Will Spectrasonics move to the Mac App Store?

Share/Bookmark

Will Spectrasonics move to the Mac App Store?

Now that Apple has almost killed off the DVD drive, I wonder if Eric is looking at distributing through the MAS. Or will we be required to buy an external drive to install next generation instruments (wonder what NI will do with Komplete). Maybe eveything will just come out on external hard drives.

Re: Will Spectrasonics move to the Mac App Store?

Quote Originally Posted by Javaj View Post
    Now that Apple has almost killed off the DVD drive, I wonder if Eric is looking at distributing through the MAS. Or will we be required to buy an external drive to install next generation instruments (wonder what NI will do with Komplete). Maybe eveything will just come out on external hard drives.
    Apple takes 30% which works fine for $30 and less apps but is pretty steep for anything more. I can see a download store for all developers in the future but with a much lower percentage going to the store.

Phil

No. We prefer working through our International dealer network.

The Mac App store is designed as a way to kill that local support. Upgrades are not possible, etc.

It's not a good solution for professional music software in our opinion.

Wow- good to hear! Seems like there is more and more kinks in Apple's approach when it comes to our little music niche.
    Eric, where are you actively posting (besides facebook). You said you rarely post here- but do you post un-rarely elsewhere??

Go Back to forum