• Register
  • Help

Topic: Firefighter for a day...

Firefighter for a day...

What a crazy day... I took a rare day off from work and wanted to spend a nice day at the place of some of me and my wifes good friends.
    In the middle of the coffee the house next door goes into fire! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

My friend and I (now: Scarbee the Hero) runs down to the house, rescue an old woman, another woman and a sick dog, and with a casserolle and a waterhose I personally put out the fire inside before the firemen arrives. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Now this felt good...maybe I should have become a firefighter instead of sample developer [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Just came home - gotta take a shower -all my clothes are full of smoke and all...

Yeah - a great feeling to save some people. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Have a nice eastern all of you

and take care!

best regards

Re: Firefighter for a day...

with a casserolle and a waterhose I personally put out the fire inside before the firemen arrives.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Congeratulations on your quick thinking and courage, but remind me not to eat casseroles at your house-that smoke flavoring might be real ! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Most crazy was the two woman panicing in the living room - the room was full of smoke from the fire and the younger woman had a smoke in her mouth. Candle light s were all over the place and an open fire too - the chimney was burning.
    They were yelling and screaming and the old woman told us not to use water - it would destroy her fine carpet! [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

It was a big mess to get them out of the house since they were arguing what went wrong.

It was our fortune that we choose the right sequence order how to do things.

It was a wood house, so it could have gone really bad.

Certainly a good Friday for you and the people you saved. Your hero status now extends beyond sample libraries. Good job!

Congratulations on becoming a hero!

It\'s funny how carpets can be so symbolic. 8-1/2 years ago our OB GYN told my wife that he had to deliver our daughter right away (ten days early). My wife\'s response was, \"But I can\'t - I\'m getting my rugs cleaned this afternoon!\"

I just gave you a 5 rating for that! Well done!

Way to go Scarbee. You may have never known before this happened that you had it in you to react this way. It sounds like you stayed rather calm, focused, during the ordeal. Truly the makings of a hero. Yah, I\'m impressed. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks! 9 years ago I was me and my family was saved by a stranger in a fire ourselves. At that time we lived in an apartment in Copenhagen, 3 floor. We got out in time with our 2 small boys under our arms... The 3 top floors of the block was in fire...

I remember I was up and collect some clothes together with a firefighter - luckily the fire stopped just over our apartment. Next day we went to the apartment - soaked in water and removed a lot of stuff. The following night the fire started again (it hadn\'t been put out right). [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    This time our apartment burned too... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

We had to stay in a little hotel room for 5 months.. then we moved out in a house in the country.

So I guess I knew how it felt..

\"with a casserolle and a waterhose I personally put out the fire inside before the firemen arrives\"

Well done Thomas! What a buzz.

You know...the aussie firemen don\'t know your little Scandinavian trick of putting out a fire with a casserolle - they\'re usually just stuck with the hose routine. Doesn\'t the casserolle get all mushy as you handle it?

Clearly the Danes have a lot to teach the world about \'alternate\' fire fighting methods!

Go Back to forum