• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Falling in love again, what am I to do.....?

Share/Bookmark

Falling in love again, what am I to do.....?

It\'s crunch time again; a weekly event for me at the moment.

I have fallen in love; a yearly event for most of my adult life. But not with a person this time.

I have fallen in love with Sonic Implants\' strings - or rather with the demos. You know what it\'s like: you hear a library and think \"that\'s MY sound\". Great value (brave smile) at around 650 UK pounds, but I\'d like to put them up against VSL. Problem is there are very few strings-only VSL demos on the company site. There are plenty of tutti orch demos (same goes for EWQL), but I\'d like to hear the strings in the nude (if you see what I mean). Can anyone point me to some string-orch only VSL demos.

At the moment, the only immediate advantage to VSL (apart from the Performance side of things) is the harp - and it\'s pretty damn tempting.

Cheers
    Heath (aka Not Dudley Simpson)

Re: Falling in love again, what am I to do.....?

My advice is you get sure that those strings are 18 or older or you might have legal problems sooner or later [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I have to agree. SISS is just damn beautiful and I wish I would have it just right now. Hmm. Exactly what I\'ve been looking for.

Wish I could compare it to EWQLSO\'s strings. Hmm.

There are at least 5 different string ensembles demos on the VSL website.

------------
    Alex Cremers

Like I said, the demos on VSL\'s site are mostly articulations and tuttis with the other instruments families. I\'m looking for something which fully exposes the string ensembles, as the SIS demos do. I need the strings to be naked rather than covered by horns... and trumpets etc.

Hi all.

May I jump in?

I am a major GOS fan but I have to say...

Have you ever heard this SI demo?

http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings/SonicImplantsSymphonicAEBiography.mp3

So beautiful. Way to go Kaveh!!

Frank, I totally agree about AE Biography. A remarkable piece of work. I was only listening to it this afternoon, and, for a moment, I actually thought it a real string orch and the whole thing was a hoax!! I\'ve been working in media music for 15 years, and that\'s one of the very few times I\'ve done a double-take over a sample demo (all my other double-takes were gobbled up by VSL). Great stuff.

Actually, the string timbres on the piece do sound a little different to the other SI demos - more intense. Perhaps some doubling was done.

Yes. I spoke to Kaveh about it. He did tell me that there is layering going on but still ... I was floored. Speaking of strings. I just watched, for the first time, The Last Castle with James Gandolfini. Tony S

The strings... when they all look up at the flag.... OMG!!!

WOW!

Handz: SISS has 3-4 velocities, so does VSL - VSL maybe 3 in a bit more cases than SISS. I love both, and layering those two works really well. VSL for the legato feel, SISS for the ambience/expression.

Yes Simon that´s right but VSL doesn´t offer section of 1st and 2nd violins (!!!)

Go Back to forum