• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: "Good Christian Friends Rejoice" for Violin, Harp, and Shekere

Share/Bookmark

"Good Christian Friends Rejoice" for Violin, Harp, and Shekere

"Good Christian Friends Rejoice" or "Good Christian Men Rejoice" for GPO4: Violin solo 1 KS, Harp KS, and Shekere (Seed Gourd) Aria: Concert Hall 2 reverb

This is not for the Christmas album, this is just a fun, simple arrangement that I did in one day for a school's Christmas program.
    and with Garritan "children's choir" https://www.box.com/s/przoahfc140i2dhwoo6y
    ~Rodney

Re: "Good Christian Friends Rejoice" for Violin, Harp, and Shekere

The harp rings out beautifully. Quite nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Bendshadler View Post
    The harp rings out beautifully. Quite nice!
    Thank you Daniel for taking a listen! That was the first time I used the Garritan harp. I scored it originally for guitar but the harp sounded more delightful.
    ~Rod

What a delightful pre-Christmas feeling. A touch of fine rhythm makes it complete.

Thanks for sharing it.

Max

If you all have heard this version, please check out the piccolo trumpet and organ version on this thread: http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...-Trumpet-Organ
    ~Rod

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    I added Garritan's children choir in the mix just for fun. https://www.box.com/s/przoahfc140i2dhwoo6y
    ~Rod
    It's a sweet recording, Rodney, of a perennial favorite. I think the balance between instruments could be more equal, and the reverb could be pulled back perhaps. The harp is being played in a pianistic way - I thought it was a piano at first.

--and I'm confused. In this particular post I'm replying to, you say you're adding choir - but this is the only link on this thread now? Look at the first post in this thread, the editing of the text - The original MP3 link was removed?

---and there's another thread for this song- I'll go take a look there, maybe I'll become less confused

Or maybe I'm just not awake enough!

In any case, it's a nice little project, Rodney!

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    It's a sweet recording, Rodney, of a perennial favorite. I think the balance between instruments could be more equal, and the reverb could be pulled back perhaps. The harp is being played in a pianistic way - I thought it was a piano at first.

Randy
    You are correct in every way. Thank you for the feedback.
    ~Rodney

Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    What a delightful pre-Christmas feeling. A touch of fine rhythm makes it complete.

Thanks for sharing it.

Max
    Thank you Max for stopping by on this little day project. Would you believe I have never even heard of this song until last year?
    ~Rod

I don't think I've ever heard this one either but the melody sounds familiar.

I'm sure the children enjoyed the added rhythm.

It wasn't exactly perfect but I liked the feel of it. I'm sure it worked well for the occasion.

I did enjoy the listen.

Phil

Yeah well composed, the rhythm is good enough to stick to listen the whole track and melodious to attract the sense organs to enjoy.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast