• Register
  • Help

Topic: OS X, GIGA CONVERT & EXS24 MkII

Share/Bookmark

OS X, GIGA CONVERT & EXS24 MkII

I have just purchased the Peter Siedlaczek Avanced Orchestra set in Gigasampler format, to use on my EXS24MkII software sampler that runs under Logic Audio Platinum V5.5 as a plug-in. The EXS24MkII offers a \"giga convert\" function that runs from Mac OS X.

(I also could have chosen the akai version, which converts via OS9, but, wanting to avoid the hassle of working with OS9, didn\'t (DOH!!)

When I copied the files from the CDs to the \"sampler instruments\" folder as discussed in both the EXS24 & AO literature, approx. 2/3 of the sounds did not appear on the EXS24 menu. (Even after hitting \"refresh menu\")

Delving, I found that these .gigs were sitting in this directory, but that Logic did not recognise them for conversion.

I have contacted Emagic support to the highest level for Mac OSX in Australia and they suggest there is no problem as he has converted \"Vienna Strings\" without a hitch.

Has anyone out there experienced this problem?

My system is G4 twin 1gHz, 1024Mb RAM, 120Gb superdrive, Logic Audio Platinum 5.5, Motu 828.

PS: I bought this from EASTWEST over the net & it was delivered to us (adjacent to Antarctica) in 4 days - not bad....

Re: OS X, GIGA CONVERT & EXS24 MkII

make sure the file names for the .gig files aren\'t too long. There\'s a limitation that prevents EXS from recognizing files with really long names...

Originally posted by longy:

When I copied the files from the CDs to the \"sampler instruments\" folder as discussed in both the EXS24 & AO literature, approx. 2/3 of the sounds did not appear on the EXS24 menu. (Even after hitting \"refresh menu\")

Delving, I found that these .gigs were sitting in this directory, but that Logic did not recognise them for conversion.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Mike Auty

I get down in humble praise posture, facing east toward the rising sun and thank the heavens for your enlightenment... You have solved a problem no-one else on the face of the planet could, and I thank you profusely

Longy

PS: I bought this from EASTWEST over the net & it was delivered to us (adjacent to Antarctica) in 4 days - not bad....
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Aye longy, Adam from EastWest is a great chap to deal with!!! Been ordering tonnes and tonnes of samples from him...

By the way, you an AFL fan??? Eagles playing the Crows this weekend... Rooting for Eagles to win!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Wonder how Wayne Carey is holding up at the Crows???

meeehoon

pssh, no worries mate... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It\'s a stupid bug that emagic should\'ve fixed by now, IMO.

Mike Auty

I get down in humble praise posture, facing east toward the rising sun and thank the heavens for your enlightenment... You have solved a problem no-one else on the face of the planet could, and I thank you profusely

Longy
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum