• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Giga 3.0 before NAMM in January?

Share/Bookmark

Giga 3.0 before NAMM in January?

any thoughts/ideas?

Re: Giga 3.0 before NAMM in January?

Won\'t happen. Not this close to Winter NAMM. IMHO.

Lawrence

When I was at Summer Namm, I met up with the giga honcho Pete Snell, and he told me they are hard at work on it. But no idea whether it\'ll make it by the 2004 Namm venue. But from what he told me, it\'ll be very much worth the wait.

But from what he told me, it\'ll be very much worth the wait.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Would he have said otherwise if it wasn\'t worth the wait?

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    Best to not think about it, and treat it as a pleasant surprise if and when it ever does show up.

Tascam has left us completely out of the loop. I think we should extend the same courtesy to them.

Lee Blaske
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Because I\'m under nondisclosure, there\'s little I can say, except that 3.0 will be quite powerful. It is very much real and contains more than a few surprises. I wish I could say more because I know most would be very excited and pleased at what\'s coming.

Originally posted by Lee Blaske:
    Still, you can\'t possibly be excited about the way Tascam has treated their user base, can you? Lee Blaske
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">The forum has been closed down for quite sometime now. I don\'t know what they are trying to accomplish, but more and more they seem to be detaching themselves from their users,and that just doesn\'t seem to be a sensible thing to do. The attractiveness of the competition, especially NI, is quite compelling these days.

Hopefully they know what they are doing.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Lee, your act is getting so tired.
    [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

\"Why is it so gosh darn painful for them to communicate with us? Why is their website the poorest in the industry? Why did they shut down their user forum? Why does it take a massive effort to authorize a copy of GS? Why do they stonewall the user base on important bug-fix issues for interminable lengths of time?\"

Why? Simply because GigaStudio/Sampler does not make alot of money. NO one is buying it in retail stores anymore. Just ask any music store how many copies of Gigastudio they sell in a month. I know my local Guitar Center only stocked 1 copy at a time. And it sometimes took several months to sell it. Common sense should tell you if this thing was making some serious money they would be doing alot more.

Originally posted by midphase:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\"> But from what he told me, it\'ll be very much worth the wait.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Would he have said otherwise if it wasn\'t worth the wait? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Perhapsss. =)

This is rather ironic. The first thing that comes to my mind is: If they would do more, then maybe they would be selling more copies. Kind of a catch-22, eh?

Look at NI for comparison. Their website is rich and full of info. They have demo versions of all their apps. Kontakt comes with over 3gigs of sounds. etc. Looks like Tascam isn\'t even trying to compete right now - they\'re just betting everything on 3.0. Meanwhile, the industry is moving to other formats. Anyway, Tascam can do what they want, but I certainly agree with Lee that it\'s only going to hurt them doing so little to promote themselves, i.e. make users have trust in them and be excited about their products.

Originally posted by keytar:
    \"Why is it so gosh darn painful for them to communicate with us? Why is their website the poorest in the industry? Why did they shut down their user forum? Why does it take a massive effort to authorize a copy of GS? Why do they stonewall the user base on important bug-fix issues for interminable lengths of time?\"

Why? Simply because GigaStudio/Sampler does not make alot of money. NO one is buying it in retail stores anymore. Just ask any music store how many copies of Gigastudio they sell in a month. I know my local Guitar Center only stocked 1 copy at a time. And it sometimes took several months to sell it. Common sense should tell you if this thing was making some serious money they would be doing alot more.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast