Dear Mr. Sotto,

Looks like the moderators at NS deleted your original thread. However, since I don\'t have your email or know your name, I wanted to post a response to the issue you raised here about making custom mixes being part of the standard support of our sample libraries.

At Spectrasonics, we take accusations of lack of support like this very seriously, and we will always carefully consider any complaint about our support or customer service, as these are extremely important issues to us. It is never our intent to frustrate our customers. I am hopeful that this response will diffuse and clarify what I\'m certain is a misunderstanding.

Like the vast majority of soundware developers, we don\'t offer personal customization services of sample libraries on demand. Please understand that creating our products requires a massive mobilization
of creative people working literally around the clock under intense deadlines. It takes thousands of hours conceptualizing, planning, recording, editing, mixing, mastering, programming, organizing and marketing the tools that we create. Because of this fact, we are simply unable to accommodate requests for personal customization of our sample libraries.

Of course it is perfectly acceptable to make a request or inquiry to us about something unique or special that you may want. However, in this case we aren\'t able to accomodate your request, because it is not possible to create this for you personally at this time.

As Nick explained to you on the phone, we are very busy right now with other projects, and we don\'t have the time to research the original source and create a custom mix of this loop or snare sample for you. Contrary to what you might imagine, it would actually take several full days to track down the archives and recreate it, since the technology has dramatically changed since the time I created that library in 1996. Even if it was easy, it is an unusual and special request that we\'re not able to easily make available on an individual basis. We are simply not set up to create custom mixes of our loops or samples on demand.

The creative choices made on each loop in every sample library we have are unique. Sometimes we present alternate mixes if possible, othertimes we present a wider variety of grooves really depends on the title. That\'s what we mean when we say \"it is what it is\".

I think that Nick did begin to explain to you that there is already a way of lessening the ambience in wet loop mixes if you are using the Groove Control version of a loop, and it works pretty well on the sparse drum loops in Liquid Grooves. (You can achieve this result by altering the decay time of the ADSR Amp Envelope in your sampler). Apparently you weren\'t interested in considering the inexpensive upgrade offer that we have available to Liquid Grooves users to upgrade to the Groove Control version of the product. (Groove Control is really very flexible, and I would recommend the upgrade, since you will have far more of the \"single hits\" you are desiring to use.) Some of the other suggestions made in the original thread regarding reducing the ambience in a sample or loop would also be good options for you to try.

While I understand why you would want this dry version of the Euphrates snare sample, and how you could be disappointed about us not being able to provide this extra service to you, it would have been better if you could have kept your tone a little more civil....raising your voice and swearing is not the best way to communicate and hanging up on us in anger doesn\'t leave us much room to clear up any misunderstandings. No one likes to be on the receiving end of that kind of stuff.

I do want you to know that we not only care about the quality of our products, but also that we select the people that represent Spectrasonics publicly on the phone to our customers extremely carefully. As many users on this forum will attest, our US distributor ILIO has some of the friendliest people and best service in this industry. The person you spoke with at the Spectrasonics office is our Production Manager Nick Manson, who is a very cool and talented guy, and he handles most of our tech calls personally. He deals with many complex issues everyday, always keeping a level head when dealing with people from many cultures and backgrounds in high pressure situations.....he\'s not only highly knowledgable on every host platform and a superb musician, but he cares very much about helping to solve our customer\'s problems, and all of us at Spectrasonics take a lot of pride in our tech support department, which we feel is one of the best in the entire music software industry. The truth is that you couldn\'t have spoken to a sharper, more experienced or more understanding person anywhere in this business than Nick Manson.

Of course, we aren\'t always able to say YES to every request we get. I hope this post has explained a little more about Spectrasonics, the sampling industry and some of our reasons for not being able to grant your special request. I hope you enjoy using Liquid Grooves, and will consider using our products again in the future.

Best regards,

Eric Persing
Creative Director