• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Cubase SX2

Share/Bookmark

Cubase SX2

The new Cubase SX2 is apparently ready. There is a lot of info about it at:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/ps/products/music_production/cubase_sx_20/index.php?sid=0

Basically it uses the same audio engine and code base as Nuendo, minus a few post-production features. There is a whole bunch of videos on the site and a PDF file listing the various new features.

As well as using the Nuendo codebase, SX2 also incorporates the type of extensive MIDI features that were present in VST (SX\'s predecessor). There is a new routing facility, improved mixer views, a (limited) skin facility, definable outputs, more scoring function, a \"time warp\" tool that works by letting you move bar positions or timecode at will, full plugin delay compensation, surround panner, an interesting set of pan types that lets you control width as well as pan, OMF import/export, etc.

Rudi

Re: Cubase SX2

aahhhh OMF support, finaly!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ))))

Hey, do you maybe know how much will the upgrade from SX 1.0 cost?

thanks,

Alex

I am based in the UK, so these only apply to that particular country:

Cubase SX 1.0 -> Cubase SX 2.0 £99.99 (EUR 149+VAT I think)

However if you bought Cubase SX 1.0 after 1st August 2003 there is a special upgrade price of just £19.99.

Rudi

Originally posted by lex:
    aahhhh OMF support, finaly!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ))))

Hey, do you maybe know how much will the upgrade from SX 1.0 cost?

thanks,

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">$128 according to the pricing PDF on the Steinberg site.

Finally! I was asking here the other day if someone could elaborate on the new features.

I see it has Freeze and much better patching capabilities for FX.

So far so good. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

\"The unique new Time Warp Tool represents a whole new approach to matching music and picture.\" ..... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Wow! thanks for the headsup!Looks good..Rich BTW SX has some amazing midi FX .I`m just starting to get into them.Anyone else checking them out?

I pre-ordered last week. I think it was $150.00 for the upgrade path from SX 1.06.

SX 2.0 will ship around October 15th.

Impatient... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Scott,

Yes, I saw your post last week but I couldn\'t remember in which thread!!! By the time I found it, the thread had progressed quite a lot and I didn\'t want to \"barge\" in and disrupt it.

To top it up, the Steinberg site was a bit cranky over the week-end until this morning so I didn\'t want to post a link that went nowhere [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I am also excited about the \"time warp\" tools, it sounds very promising. The \"freeze\" function however is pretty much a \"first implementation\" one... to begin with it will only work with VSTis, but Steinberg have said they want to do the whole thing properly and will extend it later to other types of tracks as well.

Rudi

Scott,

Yes, I saw your post last week but I couldn\'t remember in which thread!!! By the time I found it, the thread had progressed quite a lot and I didn\'t want to \"barge\" in and disrupt it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">- No problems Rudi. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I\'m just glad to see the features at last. Have to add the upgrade to my perpetual shopping list. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast