• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Solo Strings dynamics: Kirk Hunter vs. London

Share/Bookmark

Solo Strings dynamics: Kirk Hunter vs. London

Does anyone know which library has the widest range of dynamics? Do either of these have ppp/fff?

Kirk: Are you planning on releasing any demos of all the strings playing together? (or maybe you have and I missed it)

I\'ll definitely be writing up reviews on one of these libraries (or both maybe) whenever I get them.

Re: Solo Strings dynamics: Kirk Hunter vs. London

um...yeah! I\'d like to write reviews, too. Please send me some free libraries please so I can review them. If you send me more than one library, I\'ll even break out my thesaurus so I can use big flashy words that will make your library sound much better than it actually is.
    I\'m waiting...dum dee dum...um, why are you developers still reading this? You should be at the post office already! So go on, now...go!! Shoosh! Get with the mailing!!
    -Hudson

Who said I was getting anything for free?

Shut up, man...you\'re gonna ruin it for me...
    -Hudson

Originally posted by MDesigner:
    Does anyone know which library has the widest range of dynamics? Do either of these have ppp/fff?

Kirk: Are you planning on releasing any demos of all the strings playing together? (or maybe you have and I missed it)

I\'ll definitely be writing up reviews on one of these libraries (or both maybe) whenever I get them.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There are as many as 8 layers of dynamics on any one articulation. Most often ranging from pp to ff.

I\'ll be doing a bunch of new demos soon especially since doing more cellos stuff last week. Unfortunately, my server has been having trouble, so it might be a couple weeks before I post more demos....and there WILL be pieces showing all the solos working together.

um...yeah! I\'d like to write reviews, too. Please send me some free libraries please so I can review them. If you send me more than one library, I\'ll even break out my thesaurus so I can use big flashy words that will make your library sound much better than it actually is.
    I\'m waiting...dum dee dum...um, why are you developers still reading this? You should be at the post office already! So go on, now...go!! Shoosh! Get with the mailing!!
    -Hudson
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hmmmm. Well I for one applaud Sam for what he is doing. The ability to hear isolated articulations away from a flashy product demo (which I believe Sam is working on) is very, very useful in my view. I would also be interested to read a review from a fellow composer who I KNOW is not motivated by the promise of free products in return.

I say give the guy a break. At least he is trying to do something positive.

Scott.

Sam, is NOT getting free CD\'s out of this. He is simply trying to provide a FREE service to us.

I find it very helpful. I just wish he was doing this BEFORE I bought some of the CD\'s I own. LOL

I dont know. I think you guys might take it into consideration what \"reviewing\" means. For me it means having a critical distance to the product you are reviewing. I have a very hard time to see this \"cricital\" point of view in the review.

Nothing wrong in that. I still regard it as being useful. But calling it a \"review\" is an overstatement. Its \"useful information\".

Ofcourse this is subjective. But honestly - there are ALOT of points which could be dealt more critically with. Soundquality for one. If its 10/10 nothing sounds better. I dont believe thats correct. Just take hi-end notes and bit resolution into consideration.

Love - Chris

Sam,

On a note about KHSS. Please take notice to the tone of his instruments. This, to me, is the first sample set of strings that can focus on a darker tone OR be bright.

Hats of the, Kirk.

Oh dear. I guess I have to put little smiley faces all over my posts for the satirical/humorously-challenged (whose numbers are growing exponentially in here) so you guys will get the fact that I\'m joking. I\'ll try to dumb up the humor so it\'s more obvious next time.
    -Hudson

Go Back to forum