After reading Randy's comments I decided to add one final update to episode 3. It clarifies how I use the effects individually for select instruments. I also added a trumpet melody to finish the piece off. The trumpet is a Garritan Trumpet and I did nothing to enhance the sound in the MIDI data. Forgive me, I was lazy. I could have recorded myself (would have sounded better - maybe), but I wanted to stay with just MIDI data for now.
Please, a lot of you have looked, but not commented. If this has helped you, or you have discovered better ways of dealing with these tasks, join in and add your info. That's how we all learn on this board. Reminds me of a saying I heard on another forum: Don't hoard, share on the board.
Episode 3 - Update.doc
Episode 3 - Update.pdf
And the final wave of the results: