• Register
  • Help

Topic: Adagio Variations

Share/Bookmark

Adagio Variations

Adagio Variations

The link will take you to Score Exchange, where you will find an mp3 button near the top of the page. I think it allows streaming only, not sure. If you have or wish to get the Scorch player, you can also view the score and listen to the midi playback. Scorch is a free plug in, with download instruction on the page. Some people like to view the score during playback, and Scorch provides the means, although the sound quality is not as good as the mp3's, which use GPO.

This may eventually be included in a sonata, or may have three additional variations inserted into the present set. It may also remain a stand-alone piece, depending on time inclination, and ability

This is really a rather tranquil 10 minutes of music. It will become a little less tranquil if I add the additional variaitons, which I think it needs.

The mp3 uses GPO Steinway with Sonar and Fatar midi controller keyboard.

The left hand will be fully occupied throughout!

Richard

Re: Adagio Variations

Richard,

You might want to post this on Box.net or other place also because the player for Score Exchange is buggy. I had to select the highlighted Adagio Variations title on the left side of the player and then click the back arrow to get it to play.

I enjoyed your Adagio Variations. I really liked the tonal work and the atonal was fun to follow. The emphasis on the left hand was refreshing. I was kind of hearing a orchestral arrangement for this one but it works fine as a piano piece.

Played live I imagine a little longer break would work well at some point towards the middle because of the length of the piece.

Thanks for the music from the redwoods.

Phil

Hi Richard,

Lovely piano work. I like the variations and the changing musical language you use.

Thanks for sharing,

Max

Well, thanks to you both for your time and comments. I always consider all comments very carefully.

Special thanks to Max, who showed that the sound worked okay. I was unable to check, because my connection is so slow that streaming an mp3 is an absolute impossibility.

Richard

Cannot get it playing.

Raymond

I'm on a Mac, with Safari. Is that the reason why it works in my configuration? I heard everything just fine.

Max

Well, I don't understand the cause, but I have just replaced the mp3. I would appreciate it if someone would check it and see if it works, as my connection is too darned slow!

Richard

Hi, Richard,

I've just tested the mp3-file again and it plays correctly.

Max

Go Back to forum