• Register
  • Help

Topic: ProTools / VSTi

Re: ProTools / VSTi

Not directly. Are you using a Mac or PC?

PC... Don\'t have ProTools yet... Just considering things. Well, wouldn\'t mind if they\'d stream through a TDM plugin.

This is from the digi user conference. I use the VST to AU converter he made and it\'s great.

Dear all,

First, as I\'m new here, I\'ll quickly introduce myself - I\'m Angus Hewlett, Technical Director at London-based audio software firm FXpansion.

Anyways, just as background, a month or so ago I posted the following thread in the Windows forum regarding a ReWire-compatible micro host for VST instruments:-
    http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=472952&page=0&view=&sb=5& o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Anyways, seeing as we now have a beta version of the sofware running on the Mac OS X platform as well, I thought it would be a good time to allow people here to register their interest. The more interest we get, the sooner it\'s released.

The app is an extremely lightweight, easy-to-use ReWire host that allows you to integrate VST instrument plug-ins in to your ProTools 6.1 environment. Projected price is $99.

Best regards,

Technical Director (CTO)
    FXpansion Audio UK Ltd
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Thanks for the Link.. Any VST(i) is working (Sampler, Softsynth, Effects) ?

The rewire protocol as implimented by Pro tools 6.1 is one way into PT from the rewire slave. So that would mean soft synths and samplers but not effects. You wouldn\'t be able to process audio from Pro tools though a VST plug-in but anything like Chronos X and Albino that are VST only synths would work.

Oh, I see... Well, Softsynths/Samplers are my main concern.

You should fill out the form for Angus. Like he said, the more interest the quicker he\'ll do it. Seems like a cool guy.

ProTools / VSTi

Anybody knows whether it is possible to use VSTis in ProTools or not ? Esp. Kontakt or EWQLSO...

Done... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Thanks again.

Go Back to forum