• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Need Help from you all!

Share/Bookmark

Thumbs up Need Help from you all!

Hi there,
    Francesco is here. I've actually scored a short movie which is on a competition right now.
    It is a web-based competition so we should need to be online-voted to go on.
    Please help us to win, and moreover it is a very nice tender for those who don't know that.
    It's called "Enter the Pitch" www.enterthepitch.com

Here's the link to my short movie. After you have watched it you are able to vote.

CLICK HERE

Thanks in advance to everyone who will be voting, and hope you like it however
    Francesco
    nothing is forever

Re: Need Help from you all!

Quote Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
    ...Here's the link to my short movie. After you have watched it you are able to vote...
    Done!--- I trust you linked to the correct entry - I watched and enjoyed "Betrayal" by Carolyn Goodyear, with its intense imagery and percussion driven soundtrack that was married to the clip perfectly.

While I'm here, and not that it has anything to do with the contest you've entered, Francesco, I want to add my comment about the film's concept, controversial though my reaction is sure to be. The text description points out a Biblical parallel to the story:

"...Judas’s act of betrayal as depicted in Matthew 26 and 27 is a powerful and pivotal moment in the New Testament. Judas is corrupted by financial greed into betraying his friend Jesus during the last supper..."

I don't believe that at all. I've long since subscribed to the understanding of Judas as being the only disciple who actually understood Jesus' mission. He was the most trusted apostle, and Jesus specifically enlisted him to be the one to "betray" him in order for his goal to be achieved - which was to die a martyr at the hands of the Romans. At The Last Supper, when Jesus tells Judas to go do what he must do, he was giving Judas one last bit of encouragement to fulfill the rest of Jesus' plan - and all the other disciples at the supper have no idea what's going on.

That has nothing to do with appreciating or not appreciating the subject of this film, "Betrayal," - I'm just saying I don't approve of the film's description at the site which is perpetuating the mistaken notion that Judas was a villain.

Gnostically yours,
    Randy

Thanks Randy for your vote and your deep comment. I really appreciate it!
    Sorry for didn't replay to your last mail about Ivanoe, I was sooooo busy. I promise I will sing it. Just send the backing track and the score, so I can clearly understand where to sing or not.
    Backing to the short movie, hope you liked the music. Obviously it is a very personal interpetation of the Juda's behavior.
    I think that, matching the bible or not, it is a very nice story. Carolyn is a real talent, and a beatiful person. I've turned your comment to her, and I'm sure she will consider it with great humility.
    Thanks for your support.
    Francesco
    nothing is forever

Hello, Francesco! I was very impressed with both the film clip and your score - very dramatic and strong. Excellent work. That's why I had no hesitation in clicking that Vote button when the video was over. I sure hope more Forum members go take a look and help you out with some votes - I know there are people here who would love seeing and hearing this.

My aside about Judas wasn't meant as a criticism of Carolyn or her film. What the text at the site says about the film's parallels with the Judas/Jesus story is only reiterating the traditional interpretation. Everyone understands the phrase "Judas kiss," and Judas has been and will always be used as a symbol of evil, and of betrayal. I just wanted to take the opportunity to pass on how I think the use of Judas to symbolize all these things is a cliche based on a misunderstanding of the scriptures. That's all. Carolyn's interpretation of the Judas story is the same as the universally understood one, so she's not to be criticized for that. Mine is a more personal and not-so-popular opinion of what really happened way back then.

Thanks for the message about my last email to you - I haven't been worried, I know you're a busy man. This is excellent news that you're willing to do another vocal demo for me. I'll be getting materials to you, thanks!

Best wishes to you and Carolyn on this exciting contest.

Randy

Hi Francesco,

You have my vote as well. The film was a clever modern take on this subject. Although I agree with Randy about Judas being chosen by Jesus to betray him, I still liked the film and your scoring. The drums were powerful, adding to the drama without distracting from the film. Nice work.

Good luck!
    yjoh

Music... A Joy For Life.

Quote Originally Posted by yjoh View Post
    Hi Francesco,

You have my vote as well. The film was a clever modern take on this subject. Although I agree with Randy about Judas being chosen by Jesus to betray him, I still liked the film and your scoring. The drums were powerful, adding to the drama without distracting from the film. Nice work.

Good luck!
    Thank you very much!
    have a brilliant day
    nothing is forever

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser- View Post
    Done!---

I don't believe that at all. I've long since subscribed to the understanding of Judas as being the only disciple who actually understood Jesus' mission. He was the most trusted apostle, and Jesus specifically enlisted him to be the one to "betray" him in order for his goal to be achieved - which was to die a martyr at the hands of the Romans. At The Last Supper, when Jesus tells Judas to go do what he must do, he was giving Judas one last bit of encouragement to fulfill the rest of Jesus' plan - and all the other disciples at the supper have no idea what's going on.

There are different dramatic views of Judas based upon interpretation of not a whole lot of text. So this interpretation has to be based on ones general philosophy or beliefs. Was he Jesus's soul mate or was he the misguided sort-of-evil sellout traitor for a few coins that came to a bad end?

Selling out your friend and savior from the Romans for a few coins doesn't make any sense and why would he hang himself if he was really doing his friend and savior from the Romans a favor.

Some biblical scholars theorize that Judas was the revolutionary character of the twelve disciples and possibly turned in Jesus to force his hand in having some kind of forceful confrontation with the Romans.

When the reality of what was going to actually happen became clear he became so despondent and guilt ridden that he hung himself. The coins may have been included later to lend an symbolic element of greed to Judas's motivations to jive with the current religious thinking of the time.

We could start a new sub-Forum on religious issues!--um, naaaah, not such a good idea.

Well, I didn't mean to derail Francesco's thread. When I first posted, I was just in a mood to say something about Judas, and it probably would have been better if I'd kept quiet.

Since we're there again, on the Judas theme, I'm just saying that I find Gnostic thought interesting, and have never trusted the veracity of the New Testament story as told in the few books early church leaders chose for various suspect reasons. Long before the Book of Judas was fairly recently discovered, I could see that scholars who felt Judas has been completely misinterpreted had a very good point. Now that we do have the Book of Judas, we have text explicitly stating that Jesus gave Judas special initiation into higher learning that the other apostles weren't ready to grasp. He was the only disciple intelligent enough to be trusted with Jesus' need to be arrested, the silver was to vastly increase the organization's treasury, and Judas' subsequent suicide (by hanging or by accident, depending on which Gospel version you want to cite) was because he didn't realize that Jesus was going to actually be executed, and he freaked out.

And so on. It's all an extremely convoluted, hazy, contradictory mish mash of stories and traditions, and impossible to unravel once and for all. Interesting stuff to explore once in awhile, but far too unorganized and sketchy to have any faith in.

BACK TO THE TOPIC - I hope more Forum members who visit the thread actually listen to Francesco's score and watch the striking visuals in the film he worked on. The plot line has a modern parallel to the traditional version of the Judas story, that's why the topic came up. But the real point of this thread is Fran's music--Please listen and give his entry a vote!

Randy

Voted; nice job

Francesco, I am interested to find out what drums you used in this?

Go Back to forum