• Register
  • Help

Topic: Ghost music

Ghost music

Hi all, do you know of score which are very good ghost music? You know, music which you can almost feel the creepy environment and ghosts all around you.

Re: Ghost music

Hey Falcon,
    I am a huge fan of \"The Others\"

It\'s an older score, but \"Poltergeist\" by Jerry Goldsmith has a lot of strong elements in that vein.

I wonder if the score for disney\'s upcoming \'The Haunted Mansion\' will be any good.

Pirates was an okay score...but a bit of a let down. Does anyone know who\'s doing the score for the Haunted Mansion?

Maybe Camille Saint-Saens will do the Haunted Mansion score. That he\'s been dead for 82 years makes him perfect for the job!

But seriously, Saint-Saens\' Danse Macabre offers a view of how a 19th century French composer would approach it . You can hear a short clip here:

I first heard that piece back in Kindergarden. It still sounds as magical today as it did back then.

HOLY COW Potergeist came out probably 20 years ago and I\'m still affraid of that movie hahahaha (granted I have not seen it since) What about \"The Six Sense\" also a movie that scored high on the creepometer was \"The Ring\". I agree that \"The Others\" was deccent. OH yeah what about \"The Omen\"? Hope these help out.
    Cheers Seth [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

Omen has some really scary music. The song \" The Demise Of Mrs Baylock\" is ultra scary. Im afraid of that song.

Some x-files episodes [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum