• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: My latest work -- completed finally!

Share/Bookmark

My latest work -- completed finally!

OK here it is, finally complete.

http://www.samhulick.com/Defend.mp3

This will show up in an upcoming PlayStation2 title. Pardon the reverb tail at the beginning.. it\'s a looping piece.

Am I happy with it? Eh.. pretty much. I\'m not sure I had enough time to work on it. Plus, for me, it\'s really hard to work on pieces that are this fast-paced, because they cover so much over so little time. Slower pieces are great because by the time I finish a phrase, I\'m already at 0:45 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] This sucker was a pain in the *** ! My personal favorite part is 1:13 through 1:48. I think that part rocks.

Any comments are welcome, except \"Hey, sounds like Mission Impossible!\" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: My latest work -- completed finally!

Hi MDesigner,

what a great game cue. IMO.

Is this game related to military (spy?) or something like that? I got that feeling somehow right from the beginning, I also noted some arabic flavour in the 2nd half of the piece?

I love it, good job!

Sam. Rings a lot nicer than the original demo you posted. The flute doesn\'t bug me anymore [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I agree with your feelings on that minute mark cue. The progression out of the opening to the middle section makes it much a fuller piece now. My only (minor) sniggle is that I wish that solo burpy tuba was a bit thicker. He sounds lonely and a little too up front. If he had a low end friend to play with... again minor and just a thought. I really like your muted horn. Would that be Marteen\'s (oops MAArten [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] ) Frenchie?

Nice, I like your middle section best \'tho

christianb

I really like it. Makes me want SAM Bones even more [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . One question... where is that flute trill thingy at 13 seconds from!!! Is it in AO?? I cant find it...

falcon:

Nope, not related to military.. not modern military anyway. But in a way, yes. Arabic? Hm, that surely was unintentional.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I\'m not hearing it though.

christianb:

\"..a low end friend to play with\". That\'s funny [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Tuba not bassy enough? Too late now, the piece has been turned in! oh well.. thanks for the tip though. And yes, the muted horns are SAM Horns

Ed:

The flute run is AO \"flute section phrases\" i think it\'s called..not sure exactly.

Thanks for listening, guys! Hope the client likes it too.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Otherwise it\'s coming back my way for changes. Ugh!

Hey Sam,

Really great work as usual (even listening on my laptop in Tokyo!) but unfortunately the `Mission Impossible` theme does spring to mind immediately. It`s just such a recognisable riff and yours is very similar! I`m sure you`re not infringing copyright, but it is just too close for my ear. Sounds great though!!

Good luck with the gig.

Chris

Originally posted by ChrisAxia:
    Really great work as usual (even listening on my laptop in Tokyo!) but unfortunately the `Mission Impossible` theme does spring to mind immediately. It`s just such a recognisable riff and yours is very similar! I`m sure you`re not infringing copyright, but it is just too close for my ear. Sounds great though!!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Maybe its for a game called \"Mission Impossible\"??? Hah!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

But that was some awesome composition!!! Great stuff!!! [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

meeehoon

Sam,
    An Excellent Cue. Are you trying to do the music gaming thing full time or stick to graphics?

Johnny:

Trying to transition into game soundtracks full time. I still have my 9-5 job designing and programming web sites. I use that skill on the side to make a little extra cash because my day job\'s salary is a joke. But if I have a paying music gig, I usually leave work at 5pm sharp and get home and work on that until it\'s time for bed.

Not arabic... spanish ! I´m sure [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum