• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Vokator Alert...whoa!!

Share/Bookmark
    Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

OT: Vokator Alert...whoa!!

Check it out. Very nice in every regard--CPU usage is amazingly low for the sheer audacity of sound that emerges. Symphonies of Vokator madness are certainly possible. At full resolution, the vocal tracking is exquisite. This is a very significant release from Native Instruments, one of the coolest I\'ve seen.

Re: OT: Vokator Alert...whoa!!

Bruce,

How would you describe the vocoded voice effect?
    Is 1000 bands finally enough to get us away from the robotic vocal effect, or is that not the point of Vokator?

I, for one, am very excited by this new vocoder. Anyone have a tip as to the best deal for it on the web?

Hi Ned,
    when you find out where to get the best deal for it, will you be king enough to let us know?
    Thanks! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Hey Pat, you know there\'s only one King on this forum... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

(15 minutes later or so...)

Well, it seems that most places are selling for 249 or more. There are a couple of good US deals to be found:

Compmusic.com has it for 210 (http://www.compumusic.com/product.asp?id=792)

Better yet is Jacksmusicstore.com, at 209.30 (http://www.jacksmusicstore.com/catal...mp-swr-c~NINV2)

I would have ordered it already, but I\'m in Canada, and I\'m not sure if they ship there.

Don\'t thank me, thank Froogle. [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

Originally posted by Chadwick:
    Bruce,

How would you describe the vocoded voice effect?
    Is 1000 bands finally enough to get us away from the robotic vocal effect, or is that not the point of Vokator?
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">You can combine bands to get \"robot,\" but the full-bandwidth vocoding is extremely clean and fast. It\'s very easy to see this software has its roots in Spektral Delay. The modulation matrix can be simple or exceedingly complex. On my machine, the CPU usage is extremely low, almost nothing for full bandwidth Vocoding action.

It is very good, I\'ll say that. I built a custom Vocoder ensemble in Reaktor which I have used for years, and Vokator is as flexible as that one right out of the box, only far more CPU efficient and capable. You can use waveforms or analog-style synthesis. There\'s a good variety of presets and bundled waveform content to get you started, but I immediately started programming up my own patches. Once you\'ve got the modulation system figured out, you\'re home free.

Ned, thanks for the link.
    You\'ll probably be putting out funky riffs with Vokator before i get a chance to check it out. Let us know what you think once you get it... [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Yikes! I got so tired of visiting Native Instruments\' forum to find out how users are faring, and so frustrated in my search for a good deal, that I went ahead and bought it from audiomidi.com (249). Oh, and your funky riffs comment helped as well (nothing like flattery...). Now, I\'m going to have to explain this one to my wife - oh well, at least I have 4-5 days before it arrives to come up with a good reason! [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

PS: Could have been worse: VSL ($$$) [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum