• Register
  • Help

Topic: New computer today

New computer today

Hi all, I\'ll receive my new computer today.

Any advice to painless setup, adjustments etc. of Giga, Sonar xl on win xp?

Almost forgot, I did choice Echo MiaMidi for sound.

Myrtle Beach, SC (USA)

Re: New computer today

Hello Falcon, congrats on your new computer. Your setup sounds just about like mine.... I have a custom-built computer system with GigaStudio 160-(with Sonic Foundry/SoundForge audio editor), Sonar XL, Windows XP Pro and Echo MIA soundcard. This combination seems to work very well together for me. I can\'t really give any good suggestions about setting it up... the computer company that built mine for me did all that. I hope that you really enjoy your new computer.... now....\"get busy composing!\" [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Gary

Hey Falcon,

It seems you and I have been on the same schedule for getting everything together. I\'m getting my computer today (the 15th...I just called and they told me it was in.)

I\'m so excited I\'m dying. I can\'t wait to get off work and start getting things set up.

Anyhow, congrats to you (and to me [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) on our new aquisistions.

Hey folk prophet,

yes it seems like it. Just hope that you don\'t get the same errors as I did. However, I fixed it just by running to the music store and buy Kontakt and it\'s working great so far. Of course I miss old Gigastudio, maybe I \'ll hook up my old computer with my new one so I can use Gigastudio also.

I\'m looking forward to hear some music from you - I\'m working on my first piece using this computer, if I just manage to find out why I can\'t record the music from Cubase into CoolEdit Pro.

Anyway, concrats to you! Hopefully it will be a loving relationship! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum