• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: What are the absolute best Giga audio demos?

Share/Bookmark

What are the absolute best Giga audio demos?

Seems that none of the composition students or faculty where I go to school have ever heard of Giga.

I\'d like to blow them away. :-)

Can you guys point me to links of what you consider to be the best of the best in mp3 demos, regardless of the libraries involved.

In addition to mock-ups of well known music, how about current composers doing orchestral art/concert music?

I\'d like to throw some on a CD and present it at the next comp seminar.

Thanks!

Re: What are the absolute best Giga audio demos?

The good Mr Garritan has a slew of demos on his site. Click on \"links\" at the header and follow your nose. Maarten and Vincent at \"Project Sam\" also have some excellent tunage. This is certainly a start but the fact is, you can go to almost any Northern member\'s personal site and hear some amazing comps.

That\'s my a** kissing for the day [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

christianb

If it´s directed to impress people I would say you show them the first VOTA demo (yes,yes...by Nick Phoenix [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ) . That one´s stunning.

Originally posted by Netvudu:
    If it´s directed to impress people I would say you show them the first VOTA demo
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I wasn\'t impressed by that at all...the voices were synthy.

www.vsl.co.at

This is as \"state of the art\" as it gets right now.

Originally posted by mitchb2:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by Netvudu:
    If it´s directed to impress people I would say you show them the first VOTA demo
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I wasn\'t impressed by that at all...the voices were synthy. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hm, not sure how a voice library can sound \"synthy.\" Maybe \"voxxy.\" VOTA can sound really good when in the right hands. Just wait till the new VOTA Utility comes out. People will be doing all kinds of amazing things that are really difficult now with the current VOTA Utility.

Is there a decent demo mp3 for VOTA?
    The demo that was floating around when the library was first released was really, really bad. It sounded like very low quality soundfonts, and then it was buried by the rest of the music, as if to cover up its \"badness.\"

I wonder if this is why they are taking more time before releasing demos for their new symphonic library? :-)

In any case, I still haven\'t heard any use of sampled choir that sounds good...but I\'d love to!

Here\'s some of my giga demos.

DEMOS

Quote:
    In any case, I still haven\'t heard any use of sampled choir that sounds good...but I\'d love to!

Try Miroslav. Visit his website. I was very impressed. The first demo of VOTA was the reason why I didn\'t buy it. It seems you can easely sound voxxy. I suppose the utility is cool though.

Hey Mitch,

Try some of the bass demoes from www.scarbee.com

The soles bass tracks.

TASCAM used these at NAMM shows...

Go Back to forum