• Help

Topic: My wife sees Windows 8

Share/Bookmark

My wife sees Windows 8

Byebye

Raymond

Re: My wife sees Windows 8

Raymond,

Here's an article about Windows 8 and music that might help your wife.

http://www.synthtopia.com/content/20...for-musicians/

Phil

Why does it need to look like it's aimed at idiots. It's definitely not for people who use computers for work, it looks like a toy. Where am I to put all my work software ? It's a backward step as usual
    Derek
    Things may come and things may go but the art school dance goes on forever
    NOW WITH Cubase 5, JABB,GPO, Fender Strat, Ibanez RG, Yamaha Fretless Bass, Framus Archtop, The Trumpet and Mr T Sax, together with GREEN SEALING WAX

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    Why does it need to look like it's aimed at idiots.
    Because we are! We don't protest enough. Today I did a test if my system could have W8. It does, Windows 8 Pro. But I will wait or don't implement this..... I am happy with W7 Pro/X64.

Raymond

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond62 View Post
    Because we are! We don't protest enough. Today I did a test if my system could have W8. It does, Windows 8 Pro. But I will wait or don't implement this..... I am happy with W7 Pro/X64.

Raymond
    You are SOOOO right, Raymond! LOL

Sonar X1 did the same thing. To get better multi-core performance, I had to trade-off all the great, time-saving customizations 8.5.3 supported. It now takes 2-3 extra menu/sub-menu selections to do ANYTHING! No more 1st-level buttons that could be customized (not even the mouse buttons!!). Yeah, Windows & Sonar!!! GREAT JOB!!!!! Those new square wheels you gave us are just GREAT!!!!!!
    I hear the idiots just LOVE them!!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by buckshead View Post
    Why does it need to look like it's aimed at idiots. It's definitely not for people who use computers for work, it looks like a toy. Where am I to put all my work software ? It's a backward step as usual
    Your right. The Windows 8 touchy interface is not aimed at people who use computers for work. It's aimed at people that want to do tablet tasks. Microsoft decided to hook a tablet and a computer GUI together for the great migration to Windows tablets, Windows What Evers and Windows phones. Windows for the PC is still there, you just have to find it.

Apple reportedly is looking into developing ARM chips that will be powerful enough to replace Intel's chips in their laptops and desktops. This will allow for the total merger of iOS and OSX in future products. I wouldn't doubt if MS is looking into the same thing.

It should get interesting.

Phil

Go Back to forum