• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SOS! Win XP randomly restarts

Share/Bookmark

SOS! Win XP randomly restarts

Hi all, I got my new computer today and it runs great. However, I have a kind of big problem with my Gigastudio.

First it all went fine and I could load some Gos Lite patches, but when I tried to unload it then my computer did just restart itself and now when I try to open Gigastudio or setup again then there is higly likely that it will restart the computer.

What\'s going on? Please help!

Re: SOS! Win XP randomly restarts

Falcon... I found this. It may help you out!.... Gary

http://www.computing.net/windowsxp/wwwboard/forum/70636.html

Falcoln, this is a good site for \"tweaking\" your Windows XP.
    You might wanna check it out too........ [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Gary

http://www.tweakxp.com/

Hi Falcon...

....you most probably got infected by W32.Blaster (check for msblast.exe in task manager or have a look into the registry if something is running on start called \"Windows Update\")... If the system is just a freshly WinXP installation then the RPC patch isn\'t installed and as long as you don\'t have port 135 closed (e.g. by firewall) you probably got hit.

Please check out this ms security issue and get the update: http://www.microsoft.com/security/incident/blast.asp (you\'ll need the MS03-026 patch to fix this problem - the new MS03-039 does include this patch as well as a few more fixes). I just hate the way MS is fixing exploits. Geeeez....

I\'m sure that\'s the reason if the guys you got the system from didn\'t install the patch.

Hope I could help. Ah, yes. This only applies if the system you are working with got connected to the internet (or to a network which is somehow connected to the internet (then probably all might have been infected).

In case you get a shutdown message (you\'ve got 60secs left) just do this: Go to StartMenu, Click on Run and enter \"shutdown -a\" (without \"\") and press enter. this will abort the shutdown process (in case this happens while downloading). Remember always have the latest AV installed [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

If it\'s not the virus then I don\'t have a clue at the moment.

Cheers
    Marc

This is not a virus!

I turned off auto-restart and got blue screen which said that nstation.sys or something like that were causing the problem - also I got something about dumping physical memory.

This is something related to giga because this has only happen when I have tried to open giga.

No one experienced the same problem?

Ah ok, yea... I remember that.... You aren\'t getting a DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL (or similar) message, are you? (in the bluescreen) No one knows a real answer to that one, hah. So many possibilities...

Uhm, try installing your newest audio driver.

Install the latest Update of Gigastudio (you can find it at the official site). This will fix a couple of things anyway.

Maybe try disabling your antivirus as well if none of the above work out and see what\'s happening.

I had this nstation.sys problem myself I just can\'t remember exactly what it was back then.

Hmmm.... You might wanna try a complete re-install, too. Here\'s a way how to get rid of everything to make sure you are doing a fresh re-install, btw http://www.sweetwater.com/insync/techtip/03/27/2003

Hope some of these points are helpful. I know it\'s a pain getting bluescreens while running Giga.

-Marc

Originally posted by MarcDerell:
    Ah ok, yea... I remember that.... You aren\'t getting a DRIVER IRQ NOT LESS OR EQUAL (or similar) message, are you? (in the bluescreen) No one knows a real answer to that one, hah. So many possibilities...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">That\'s happening to me a couple of times every day.. believe I\'ve tried everything except dropping my computer from a plane and see if it works after the crash.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

/Tobias

Good news, I think - now I\'ve got rid of blue screen of death (at least for now), however, now giga tells me that my Echo MiaMidi isn\'t GSIF compatible.

The mobo comes with integrated soundcard, could it be that? If yes, how can I disable that? My mobo is ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe.

Btw. is there a way to enable or disable GSIF on Echo MiaMidi? Yes, where can I see if it\'s enabled or disabled?

I don\'t know what the driver situation is with the Echo Mia, but I had spontaneous reboots on my new machine as well.

As soon as I got rid of the Echo Gina, everything was fine.

Echo claimed their beta drivers for XP \"should be fine,\" but they obviously weren\'t.

falcon, gsif is a driver thing. btw, you can disable any on-board stuff in your bios. hope you know how to use it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast