• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt won't import gigs

Kontakt won\'t import gigs

Anyone know anything about this? I\'ve heard that Kontakt imports .gig files natively but I can\'t get Tobias\' gtown stuff to work for me on a Mac. I know there\'s not a preference to set to get it to see .gigs. It just lists it as unknown and can\'t do a thing with it. Hopefully I\'m overlooking something.

Thanks (oops wrong section)

Re: Kontakt won\'t import gigs

This happened to me because of the way the file gets encoded over the internet. the type info gets wacked.
    I use Filetype 1.01 on OS X to Change the file type info.
    There are a couple apps including resedit you can use under 9. What I did was use a good giga file to get the right info then changed the G-town files to match. At least it solved my problems.
    J [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Thanks for the info. That sounds great except i don\'t have any .gig files to take a template from. But I think you\'re right. Stuffit keeps telling me that some file damage has occurred. I\'ve tried D/L with Netscape and Explorer. Maybe I\'ll just go ahead and buy a giga library. There\'s a lot of \'em I could use.

This is what my giga files read as
    CREATOR: LMAN / TYPE: TEXT All caps just like that.
    If you have Res Edit or a Mac file-typing app you can change it manually.

Thanks Jamie, Good idea but I tried it and it doesn\'t work. Hmmmm, I\'m beginning to think it\'s specific to my system. Malmso Grand doesn\'t import either. What a pain in the butt.

Maybe OSX can do something with them.

Got any other ideas?

Works for me under OS X. Are you downloading the zipped files? You may need Stuff-it 7.03. I had some other problems til I got that. Are you running OS X at all?

Yeah, I am running OSX as well. As I mentioned in the other thread I was having some trouble with Stuffit but it appears I have that part of it straightened out. I\'m now trying to get Kontakt to recognize MAG. When I work that out I\'ll turn my attention back to the gtown stuff.

This is almost a relief since I was feeling uninspired lately anyway. This will give me something to do.

Go Back to forum