• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt Question...How do you do this?

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt Question...How do you do this?

I asked this question in the Kontakt forum, so forgive me for posting it here as well...but I\'m on a deadline and need to find out how to do this....sometimes the posts in the Native forum don\'t get answered for a bit...

I need to find out how to get an open hi hat to stop ringing out when I hit the closed hi hat. I\'m using the Mac version of Kontakt, but I\'m sure the proceedure would be the same. Anyone who knows, this would be much appreciated....and bear in mind I\'m just a raw beginner at Kontakt and have done NO editing yet... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Thanks for any help...

Re: Kontakt Question...How do you do this?

tom,

i believe this is how its done.

hit the edit button of the instrument. then go to the mapping editor.i think you have to make sure that the \"edit all\" button is off.
    the left part of the screen has a button called structure. press that.
    where it says \"zones in\" hit \"all\".
    now at the bottom left, highlight all your hihat wave files holding down the control key.
    next , go over to the right side of the screen and open the edit button.
    and hit where it says move to new blank group. right under where it says mapping editor there is a \"group\" button open the one that says \"default group (you can rename the group , just to the right of the \"edit all\" button).
    now go right below the mapping editor where it says\"source\" and just to the right of that it there is a button that says \"v group off\".
    open that, and go to vo 1. now you should hear the closed hihat defeat the open hat. (hopefully)
    save the file and that should be it.

i think page 77 of the manual touches on the voice group a little.

Re: Kontakt Question...How do you do this?

Originally posted by laz:
    tom,

i believe this is how its done.

<font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Wow, Laz, thanks so much for the great detail. I will get on this right away and give it a try!

Go Back to forum