• Register
  • Help

Topic: My THIRD public composition...

Share/Bookmark

My THIRD public composition...

And still not banned... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

I had a nice discussion about American Heartland a while back. Got it, translated to Giga and Kontakt without a problem.

Check out \"Jeep Ride\"...everything except the piano is American Heartland (piano is Yammi P250). I really like these sounds, although they seem to lack some definition compared to Whole Lotta Country. But the steel bends are pretty cool, and the harmonica sounds realistic. There\'s a lot of stuff on this CD!

Also, if you want, check out \"Life and Death\" which is a dramatic piano piece of sorts using the Bards Bose.

I really tried to back off the reverb this time.. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Thanks for listening.

http://home.bellsouth.net/p/s/community.dll?ep=16&groupid=130981&ck=

Re: My THIRD public composition...

I thought that \'Life and Death\' was good but my favourite was \'Jeep Ride\'. I listened with a very critical \'eye\' and couldn\'t have guessed it wasn\'t acoustic. I think that\'s a great achievement with these sort of genres.....sometimes it\'s much easier to programme a sweeping string orchestra than to get this sort of stuff right!

Well done

PS why doesn\'t anyone ever have a real vocalist with their pieces.....waiting for Yamaha\'s new software? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Frank

Heads up Sporter,
    8:30 Eastern your server has shut you down for the day for exceeding bandwidth.
    [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

christianb

Originally posted by Hardy Heern:
    I thought that \'Life and Death\' was good but my favourite was \'Jeep Ride\'. I listened with a very critical \'eye\' and couldn\'t have guessed it wasn\'t acoustic. I think that\'s a great achievement with these sort of genres.....sometimes it\'s much easier to programme a sweeping string orchestra than to get this sort of stuff right!

Well done

PS why doesn\'t anyone ever have a real vocalist with their pieces.....waiting for Yamaha\'s new software? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Frank
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Hardy. Country and bluegrass sound simple enough in terms of chords and rhythm, but actually getting it to sound remotely authentic is quite difficult. You could say that for any type music, but some of the playing techniques and phrasing show up a lot more in orchestral samples than country and bluegrass, so you\'re left to do it from scratch.

I\'d love to add vocals and lyrics to some of my tunes, but looks like I\'ll have to wait on Yamaha. For some reason I couldn\'t get \"Voices of the Apocalypse\" to work with the bluegrass tune.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I really appreciate your listening and your thoughts!!!

Originally posted by christianb:
    Heads up Sporter,
    8:30 Eastern your server has shut you down for the day for exceeding bandwidth.
    [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

christianb
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I have a crap website...I\'m sorry. I want to upgrade it soon. Please try later.

Again, I appologize.

BTW, I\'ll be happy to email mp3\'s to anyone who can\'t get in...

steveap1@bellsouth.net

or pm me..

Go Back to forum