• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO4 & Midi File Playback Issue

GPO4 & Midi File Playback Issue

I very recently purchased GPO4 during the multi library promotion in October and it works great in Finale.
    My normal workflow is Finale 2011 but now with Garritan GPO4. I also do a lot of recording in a DAW and have been trying to add it to my workflow - compose in Finale export to DP and refine the mix.

I'm having a problem getting accurate playback of midi files in DP8 with Garritan GPO4.

Simple midi files with like a measure of a C chord played in quarter notes results in the first 2 quarter notes being played and the second 2 quarter notes being skipped. However if I play the same file with UVI or an MOTU instrument like PolySynth the file plays perfectly.
    I have tried simple midi files of type 0 and 1 saved from Finale and others downloaded from the web and the same problem exists and it often seems to be just on repeated notes or chords.

I have also tried different ways of adding the midi file to a DP project - drag and drop with merging tempo with the conductor track and just a plain old file open; all with same results.

Appreciate any and all help,

Running Mac OS X 10.8.2 2x2.8ghz Quad-core Xeons 8GB RAM - Finale 2011c.r1, DP8.0, Aria player 1504

Shelton, Washington State

Re: GPO4 & Midi File Playback Issue

It sounds like a DP8 issue.

Hey Chris!

Send a message to Dan Kury, known as DPDan. He is the DP genius! I do all my writing in Finale like you do but import it into Sonar and generally don't have too much a problem with the midi files. I'm not sure if Dan has Finale, but he is an expert with DP. Hope this helps.

Serenity Musician (Gary A.)

HP Pavilion Elite, Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 12 gig ram, 1 terabyte hd., E-MU 0404, Korg K61, Finale 2012, Sonar X2 Producer

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the replies. Seems this is an issue in DP8 for both Kontakt5 and GPO4/AriaPlayer. The answer seems to be to shorten the end of notes by a few ticks. It seems that if the notes "touch" or overlap K5 and GPO4 running in DP8 skip the notes.

DP6 does not appear to have this problem.

Thanks Again,

Quote Originally Posted by Dech View Post
    ...It seems that if the notes "touch" or overlap K5 and GPO4 running in DP8 skip the notes...
    Oh my - Well, that's very unfortunate. Having notes slightly overlapping is the only way to get any GPO instrument to play in a legato style. That's a severe, even crippling handicap. It's going to drastically reduce the quality of your recordings. Very surprised DP8 has such a bad bug to fix.

Go Back to forum