• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can Anyone Help With This?

Share/Bookmark

Can Anyone Help With This?

I\'ve been trying to convert RealGiga Drums into Kontakt format. So far, so good, except for one thing.

In Drum Kit 3 and 4, for instance, the hi hats don\'t cut off the open hat. So I went to the Native site and did the tutuorial that shows how to do this. Choose all the hats, move to new blank group, assign a voice group to it with OLDEST chosen, voila. Simple.

Now it works, but I noticed that SOME of the hat samples...closed ones I believe...are now always loud...they have no varying velocities. So I figured, OK, maybe I didn\'t choose everything.

I went back to the keymap to do it again, and this time, after choosing the sample just above the piano key, I scrolled upward, and kept selecting the higher velocities as well. Problem is, on some of the samples, even though you can SEE the higher velocity \"bars\" ascending, you can\'t select them. They don\'t turn a bright color, they stay dim, as if behind a screen or something.

Is this a translation problem or am I doing something dumb?

Thanks for any help. I really need these drums working....

Re: Can Anyone Help With This?

Hi Tom,

Sorry nobody has been able to help so far. Have you opened a formal support request over at NI Support? They might have the time to reproduce and help you out.

Originally posted by Joanne Babunovic:
    Hi Tom,

Sorry nobody has been able to help so far. Have you opened a formal support request over at NI Support? They might have the time to reproduce and help you out.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks Joanne. I talked with Tech Support and without having the library in front of them it was hard for them to say. EAST WEST, distributors of the series, seems to think the improved import of GIGA files in the next version of KONTAKT may solve the problem.

But that has been due to come out for weeks.

Oh well.

Hi Tom,

I\'m even worse off than you. I have a sample library custom made only for kontakt and am waitiing for \"a fix coming soon\".

Sorry if I\'m asking a dumb question, but if the import is failing, why not just continue to use the drums out of giga? I have both giga and kontakt, but am a new user. Thanks for explaining if you have time.

Hey Tom

Sorry, I got your mail, jsut had forgot to reply

anyway, I know I converted the GM version of RGD kit 3 overheads.

I did run into a prob with the voice grouping at first, but then all was well. You have to make sure the ADSR is setup properly, and that velocity is still assigned to volume in the new group for hats.

I\'ll take a look at it later and make a nki if all is good.

Originally posted by KingIdiot:
    Hey Tom

Sorry, I got your mail, jsut had forgot to reply

anyway, I know I converted the GM version of RGD kit 3 overheads.

I did run into a prob with the voice grouping at first, but then all was well. You have to make sure the ADSR is setup properly, and that velocity is still assigned to volume in the new group for hats.

I\'ll take a look at it later and make a nki if all is good.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks King...yeah, I like the KIT3 and 4 and the overhead counterparts and that\'s where I\'ve had my problems. Also, the release trigger kits are real screwed up, with hats showing up on snare notes, etc.

Jo...I can\'t use GIGA cause I sold the PC....am trying to stay on just my Mac.....

Go Back to forum