• Register
  • Help

Topic: 4.7.03 - My latest work

4.7.03 - My latest work

Hey gang [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Working on a 2-minute track for an upcoming game. I\'d like to get some opinions on it so far. You can comment on what you like, but just so you know, I\'m not changing the first 25 seconds since the client has already heard that and liked it, and this client is PICKY PICKY PICKY. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] So the slighest change might cause them to give me the boot. I\'m mostly concerned about the transition and development that\'s brewing at 0:42.

Re: 4.7.03 - My latest work

Simple but nice,Sam. Does Maarten get a little piece of the action if it all goes down?? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] I\'m taking a guess mind you, but those horns are sounding familiar since I recieved a little care package from the fed-ex guy the other day.
    It\'s pretty straightforward but two thoughts from a newbie. The choir could somehow sneak up on us a bit more and (or) stick around a while longer. Also, I\'m not sure about the flute. Not a menacing enough choice for what you have going there. My very humble opinion.

Always like you stuff [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] And yes, those are SAM Horns of course! Definitely one of my favorite libraries in my collection.

I\'ll try messing with the choir a bit.. maybe making it sneak up. As far as the flute, I figured it would be a good addition. Heck.. I once wrote a piece that was supposed to be a track for HELL itself, and someone recommended flutes. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I guess everyone has different ideas of what invokes an \"action\" or \"chaotic\" mood.

Thanks for listening.

I liked this. Its definatley describing a battle, but it actually gave me the feel of a big \"roman - biblical epic\" especially when the choirs came in and the distant war horns nearthe beginning. I visualized legions of centurions and war galleys marching to battle.

The flute FX suddenly gave it a a spooky and exotic feel ... something creepy or being stalked in a jungle. Not sure if it sits well with the rest.

Those are my impressions as an \"audience listener.
    From an orchestration point of view ... its beyond anything I could do, so can\'t comment on the finer points.

Hope this helps.

Is it just me or is it a little \"James Bondish\" in the beginning?? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

James Bond? More like Mission: Impossible.... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

First I thought it was Mission: Impossible. It´s that very characterstic 5/4 rhythm. Well, mayby it is - we´ll see [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I also think that the flute sounds a bit too \"nice\". Evil it up a bit, or mayby throw in a dose of choir there instead? In all, good work!

Beautiful sound and a nice feel. If they liked the first 25 seconds. I should think they will be thrilled with the rest too. Good Job Sam!

I\'ve heard the Mission: Impossible comment before.. arrgh. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] To me, only the rhythm and meter is the same. Melodically, it\'s totally different.

I\'m not allowed to say anything about the game until mid-May, so I can\'t comment on the accuracy of everyone\'s statements (not evil enough, flutes are too nice, maybe it\'s Roman, etc). I will tell you that it\'s not Mission: Impossible. And it\'s not really supposed to be evil, technically. You\'ll have to wait and see. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I guess I can\'t get too upset about the Mission: Impossible comments. To be honest, this wasn\'t really my favorite demo that I submitted, but the client liked it the most. After explaining their reasoning, I can kind of see why.

I\'ll post again later when it\'s complete.

Go Back to forum