• Register
  • Help

Topic: Metamorphosis question...

Share/Bookmark

Metamorphosis question...

Hi all, I have a question about Metamorphosis I\'m hoping someone can answer.

I made the mistake of buying the AKAI version and not Giga so I had to convert all the sounds. I\'m not sure if this is relevant but what I was wondering is if I can delete certain sounds safely.

For example, I have 774 total sounds in the MM library. From what I can tell, only 173 of those are grove control (GC).

If I am using this product correctly it seems that I only need the GC sounds cause;

1. The tempo can be altered - and
    2. The individual voices of the loop are there to modify and manipulate.

All of the other sounds seem to be straight wav\'s that are pitched to middle C and speed up or slow down along the keyboard range.

Can I delete the latter? It seems that the GC files give me everything I need.

Regards, Scott.

Re: Metamorphosis question...

Yes, except that you will have no way of auditioning your groove control loops by simply hitting the key.

When I create loops in ReCyle©, I always keep a non-Recycled© version in the same bank so that I can audition the loop in its entirety without having to import the SMF sequence.

Why do you want to delete them? Are you running out of hard drive space?

Hi Guys, I actually do have a folder of straight WAV files for auditioning purposes.

Sorry, it was mistake in my initial post, I was actually referring to the bunch of GIG files that are prefaced with the tempo number in the name structure. E.G; 50 100 MM 1.gig

These are files file I am wondering if I can delete. The GC files seem to have all I need plus the wav files are there for auditioning.

There are also a lot of repeated files like; AXION.gig and AXION GC.gig - I can see no reason to keep the straight gig files, unless of course someone can tell me why they need to be kept.

Cheers, Scott.

Senior Member Bruce A. Richardson's Avatar

You can always put them back on if you delete them!! Perhaps you\'d want to back them up to a CD, though, so you don\'t have to re-convert the material from AKAI format.

That copy would be legal, haha. Well, as long as it stays in your hands.

I personally find the tempo versions to be useful as well. The tempo versions work for \"mixing\" grooves much like the GC versions work for \"altering\" grooves.

To me, that is one of the biggest strengths of Metamorphosis, that it facilitates three totally different approaches to the same material. I find that different music emerges from each of the different approaches.

You can always put them back on if you delete them!! Perhaps you\'d want to back them up to a CD, though, so you don\'t have to re-convert the material from AKAI format.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">- Thanks Bruce. For some reason Meta took an eternity to convert. Longer than SOV despite having fewer dics. Perhaps cause there are more physical files in Meta (even though they are smaller)

I think I will archive them to disc!

Regards, Scott.

Go Back to forum